Thread: Photon speed Horribly slow

Photon speed Horribly slow

I am really annoyed by the services offered by Tata broadband connection. I guess there is no worst isp then Tata. I have got a Tata Photon wireless usb modem internet connection for my Dell laptop. First of all it took ages for the connection to be activated. Secondly I have never even once have got the speed to be for what I am paying. I just want to know whether there is actually the same problem experienced by all isp connections or only with Tata Photon. What is a better alternative for Tata Photon?

Re: Photon speed Horribly slow

I too have a Photon connection for my HP laptop. I am currently using Tata Photon + 2GB plan. And I have not had much issues with it. Yes the speed does tends to be abit slow for most of the times, but then there is no other better wireless isp then Tata. The speeds of wireless BSNL connection is the worst. So I guess your USB modem might require a software upgrade.

The wireless internet connection with the help of a USB modem does seem to have a number of issues. I personally feel that this connection is more preferred for business purpose rather then daily home usage. Also it is dependent of a number of external factors, such as distance from the signal tower, high obstacles for signal, whether and etc. So thus because of such a factor you are getting a slow speed. Wait for a another month and if the problem persist. Look for a different broadband provider.

if you are looking for an alternative for wireless broadband connection other then Tata Photon, then there is not much to look out for. I have got the BSNL-EVDO connection at my place. And rarely does the connection ever stays up. I am experiencing this problem since the last 6 months and now I am going to swap to Tata Photon+ Pro.

Because of such connectivity issues with wireless connection I prefer wired connection for home usage. The wireless connection is stable for a limited range of area whereas the wired connection does not has this drawback. There are a number of wired broadband providing ISPs and thus you have more options to choose from. So I prefer you to change to a wired broadband connection rather then the wireless connection.