Thread: TATA Indicom Fair Usage Policy (TCISL FUP)

TATA Indicom Fair Usage Policy (TCISL FUP)

Hi,
    Last time I had heard that Tata Indicom is going to implements its fair usage policy. What is this policy about and what are the limitations provided by the same. Airtel has too gone with the similar issue and here there is no meaning of unlimited downloads. I have a 1 Mbps connection and till now I had yet got any issues or limitations on the downloads.

Re: TATA Indicom Fair Usage Policy (TCISL FUP)

You can say that the fair usage policy is quiet unfair to the people where your download limit on the base of connection you have will be lower. I am not sure about the exact percentage of this. What I know is that if you have a 256 kps connection then you will get a 45GB download limit for the day and 80GB on the 512 kbps connection. Not good for heavy downloaders.

That is right. My torrents run 24 hours. I am not able to figure why this companies are doing up so. If we are paying for a unlimited download then they must provide us similar services. I had seen most of the companies are not going to implement the fair usage policy on their downloads. For 1 mbps connection you will only get a 90GB for the day limit and 105 GB for 2 mbps. That means you are paying more but getting less for the day.

Usually this is called as TCISL Fair Usage policy which is implemented on all existing and upcoming unlimited plans. So here you can are not on a type of prepaid time based plans. There is a particular limits provided on the per day download. It is done to give proper and equal access to all its consumers and stop those who are chocking up the bandwidth.

There might be some reason why are they doing this. And the same is adopted by almost all ISP's. The limit is framed as per the maximum number of data transfer on the base of speed slab. This actually your day limitation. I don't know weather you will have to pay additional after that. If they really charge after crossing the limit then that can be a manipulation.

I have a 1 mbps connection. I had keeps some files on download which exceed 105 GB limit. I receive a call for plan upgrade from TATA. I had spoken to their managed who explained me that this insisted by TRAI. If I have a heavy downloads every day then I must need to upgrade my plan. I have only two options here either to upgrade or limit my downloads.