Thread: Unable to view any channels on Tata Sky

Unable to view any channels on Tata Sky

Hello friends,
    I am facing some issues from some days. I have called the service as well as customer care but I am not getting the proper response from their side. So I thought that you guys maybe useful in solving this issue. My problem now is that all my channels have blacked out and i get a message stating that I have not subscribed to any of the packages. I have a current active subscription which is ending in May 2010. Please tell me sow can I fix an issue of viewing any channels on Tata Sky. Thanks in Advance.

Re: Unable to view any channels on Tata Sky

Are you sure that your active subscription is not expired.?? I would like to suggest you that just login into your TS account and check the due date and the packages. Make sure that it is still not expired.

I was having the similar problem. So, I called up Customer Care, Surprise, Surprise, line gets picked in the second ring, spoke to the guy on the other end and he talked to me as if nothing was wrong at all. He also said that the customer care was intact and there were no disruptions in the service. He asks me to switch on the TV, I switch it on and to my surprise all my channels were back. i don't know what happened but the good thing is that I can see all my channels.

I think only the Customer Care can solve the issue. You should also know about the history of Satellite TV. The original systems Satellite TV C-Band used a low noise amplifier connected to the feedhorn at the focal point of the dish. The amplified signal was then fed via impedance 50 ohms expensive coaxial cable to a receiver inside or other designs fed to a downconverter (mixer and a voltage tuned oscillator with some filter circuitry) to the Downconversion to an intermediate frequency. The channel selection was controlled, typically by a voltage tuned oscillator with the tuning voltage was fed via a separate cable to the headend. But this simple design evolved.

Downlink the satellite signal, quite weak after traveling the great distance, is collected by a parabolic receiving dish, which reflects the weak signal to the focal point of the dish. It is mounted on the supports at the focal point of the dish a device called a feedhorn . This feedhorn is essentially the anticipated flare reported by a section of waveguide that gathers the signals at or near the focal point and 'conducts' them to a probe or a collection connected with a low downconverter Noise Block or LNB. The LNB amplifies relatively weak signals, filters the block of frequencies in which signals are transmitted via satellite TV, and converts the block of frequencies to a frequency range lower in L-band range. The evolution of LNBs was one of necessity and invention.