Thread: BSNL DataOne Broadband: scheduler

BSNL DataOne Broadband: scheduler

Hello people, I need your help in solving a small problem which I am facing. I have desktop computer installed with Windows Vista operating system. I have subscribed to 500rs plan of BSNL. I want the modem to restart at 2 am automatically. The modem which I am using is Smart ax 882 huawei modem. Is there any way in which I can reboot the modem automatically? Please help me with BSNL DataOne Broadband: scheduler. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: BSNL DataOne Broadband: scheduler

There is no way in which the modem can be restarted automatically. Modem is an external device and hence any application or program which is installed on the computer will not help in rebooting the modem. You will have to manually reboot the modem at 2 am. To reboot the modem, you can just switch it off and then turn it on again to reboot it.

There must be some configuration provided by the manufacturer of the modem which might help you in rebooting the modem. Go through the user manual of the modem and see if the automatic reboot is supported by the modem or not. If it is supported then configure the automatic reboot scheduler and save the settings. While editing configuration of the modem, be careful as editing the configuration improperly will lead to disconnection from the network.

There are some utilities available online which helps in rebooting the router/modem at particular time. This utilities send a reset signal to the modem/router at the particular time which is already configured. One of such utility which you can use for rebooting the router at scheduled time is Devon utility. Download and install the Devon utility on the computer and schedule a reboot sequence and time for the modem. Save the settings and then keep the application running. If you have configured the application properly, the modem will reboot at the scheduled time.

As suggested, I downloaded the Dewon utility and installed it on the computer. After installation of the application, I scheduled the task of rebooting the modem and it worked. Although there is some time delay in the schedule time and the reboot sequence, I managed to reboot the modem at exactly 2 am. Thanks for your help and advice.