Thread: Some questions regarding Reliance Wireline BB

Some questions regarding Reliance Wireline BB

Hello people, I have just shifted my home and need a net connection immediately. I have a sony laptop which is installed with Windows Vista operating system. I am thinking of buying a Reliance broadband connection and have Some questions regarding Reliance Wireline BB.
    • Does Reliance uses a Web based login?
    • Does Reliance connection get auto logged off, if the connection is idle?
    • Does Reliance allow sharing of connection?
    Any suggestions about the topic are more than welcome.

Re: Some questions regarding Reliance Wireline BB

Yes sharing of the same connection between two computers is allowed by the Reliance. As the computers using the same connection are connected using the same IP address there is no issue in sharing. In order to share the same connection between different computers, you will have to buy a wired or wireless router separately as Reliance does not provide the router for sharing the connection. Implementing router will solve the problem of sharing.

Reliance broadband connection has always used a Web based login and still uses the same. The only difference between the earlier web based login and todays web based login is the user interface. The user interface which is now available is more attractive and has additional features which enables the user to change the authentication information at a go. Also the new web based login system has improved with respect to speed of login time.

Reliance broadband connection provides a good features which is a auto log off. This feature enables to restrict the use of Internet if the connection is kept idle for about 15 mins. This is to protect illegal use of connection. If you dont want the auto log off feature then you will have to take a static IP address. Static IP address will disable the Auto log off feature as the computer uses a Dynamic IP instead of static IP.

Thanks for replying to the post. I contacted the Reliance Wireline broad band team and tried to book a connection but the connection will take atleast 6 months to get installed and activated at my place which is not at all possible. Hence I am taking a Reliance Wimax which provides instant access. I play game online and hence need to know if Reliance Wimax is good for gaming or not? Please suggest.

Wireless connection works in half duplex mode which is not suitable for gaming. While playing games online, lot of data has to be transferred and hence requires a good transfer rate which is not possible in Wireless communication. Therefore I would suggest that you wait for the wired connection to come to your home as it is most suitable for gaming.