Thread: Using BSNL GPRS on Computer

Using BSNL GPRS on Computer

I am facing a weird problem with the GPRS connection which I am using on my BSNL phone. I have activated the unlimited GPRS plan on the card which is inserted in N73 mobile phone. I connect the mobile phone to the computer using a Bluetooth dongle. The problem is I am not able to use the Internet on my computer. Whenever I try to connect the GPRS from my computer, it gives an error 734 or an error 678. I cannot figure out why I am facing such problems and hence I need your help in solving the issue. Are there any special steps to be followed for Using BSNL GPRS on Computer? Please help. The operating system on the computer is Windows 7.

Re: Using BSNL GPRS on Computer

First check if the GPRS is active on the SIM card which you are using. For the GPRS to work on the computer using the mobile phone, the GPRS bit should be enabled. To check the status of the GPRS bit, contact the customer care and ask the status of GPRS on the SIM card. You can also get the status of the GPRS bit on the SIM card by contacting the BSNL gallery. If the GPRS bit is not set, then you will not be able to access the GPRS from the computer. Activate GPRS on the SIM card and then check if the GPRS is working.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

You must have not configured the connection properly due to which you are not able to access the Internet on the computer using mobile phone. If the connection is not configured properly then you will not be able to access the Internet on the computer. Contact the customer support and get the proper configuration which is required for the connection to work properly on the computer. Configure the connection properly and then see if you are able to connect to internet properly.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

The error which you are getting indicates that you are entering incorrect user name and password. Error 734 rises when the authentication information which is provided is improper. Therefore check the user id and the password. The password is case sensitive hence be careful while typing the password in the password tab. After entering all the information, check if you are able to connect to the internet or not.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Have you installed Nokia PC suite on the computer? If not then install the Nokia PC suite on the computer and connect the phone using a data cable or a bluetooth. Once the phone is connected, Configure the Dial up APN. To configure the dial up APN, visit the BSNL website and get the settings. Once the APN is configured according to BSNL. Add user name as :- ppp and password as : ppp123. Save the settings and then dial the connection. Hopefully this will solve the problem.