Thread: BSNL Broadband: Frequent Disconnections with Linksys WAG54G2

BSNL Broadband: Frequent Disconnections with Linksys WAG54G2

Hello people, I am facing some problems with the BSNL broadband connection which I am using. I have a desktop computer which is running on Windows Vista operating system. The BSNL broadband connection is provided by a Linksys WAG54G2 router/gateway. The problem which I am facing is I get disconnected from the network frequently. The DSL light on the router starts blinking when I get disconnected. I am not a networking person and hence dont know how to solve the issue. Therefore if anybody else is facing similar BSNL Broadband: Frequent Disconnections with Linksys WAG54G2 problems then please suggest some solutions.

Re: BSNL Broadband: Frequent Disconnections with Linksys WAG54G2

There is a high possibility that the system is infected with some virus which is causing the internet connection to disconnects. Some virus's have the tendency to broadcast the information on the communication channel. If the communication channel gets flooded by the information then the router disconnects the port on which the broadcast is received. Hence scan the system and check for all the files which are infected. Repair the files which are infected. See if there is any improvement in the performance of the computer.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

The network interface card is responsible for establishing and maintaining the connection to the network. Hence if the network interface card is faulty or not working properly, then the computer will get disconnected from the network. To check if the network card is working properly, click on Start menu and select RUN. Type "ping 127.0.0.1" and hit enter. Check if there are any data loss while sending and receiving data. If there is any data loss then you will have to replace the network interface card as it is faulty.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

As the DSL light on the router is blinking, it indicates that there is some problem with the link which is providing the bandwidth to the router. Many times the link which is providing the bandwidth is flappy and due to which frequent disconnection occurs. Therefore contact your ISP and get the link checked. If the link is faulty then get it rectified. After rectification of the link, check if you are still getting disconnected or not.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

The proper working of the router depends on the algorithm of the router. The algorithm of the router decides how well the router handles the traffic. Therefore if the algorithm of the router is outdated, it will not be able to handle the traffic and hence will get disconnected from the network frequently. Try and update the firmware of the router and see if the router works properly. Go to the official website of the manufacturer of the router and download the latest firmware which is available for the model of the router which you are using. Connect the router to the computer using a console cable and then install the update on the router. After installing the update, you will have to configure the router again. Save the configuration and reboot the router.