Thread: Frequent disconnection from airtel broadband server

Frequent disconnection from airtel broadband server

Hello friends, I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows Vista Home premium and has an airtel broadband connection. The problem which I am facing is that, my internet keeps on disconnecting from any remote server which I am connected to. For example, if I am downloading some data from the Internet, the download stops in between. Due to this I am not able to make optimum use of the Internet connection. So if anybody else is facing similar Frequent disconnection from airtel broadband server problems then please share some valuable information. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Frequent disconnection from airtel broadband server

I would suggest that you contact the customer support of Airtel and describe them the problem which you are facing. According to me there is some problem with the link which is providing the bandwidth to the computer. Sometimes the link which is providing the bandwidth to the computer is faulty due to which frequent disconnection takes place. Hence contact the customer support and get the link checked by some technician. If the link is faulty then get it rectified. Once the link is rectified, you will not face the same problem again.

Is there any security software installed on the computer? If yes then it could be the reason for frequent disconnection while using Internet. All the security softwares have the tendency of blocking the unknown traffic which is originating or terminating on the computer. Due to this tendency, sometimes the traffic which is desired by the user is also blocked. Hence try and disable the real time shield of the firewall or the antivirus which you are using and then see if the disconnection occurs frequently or not.

Scan the system with some updated antivirus as there is high probability that the system is infected with some kind of Virus. Virus's get downloaded while visiting certain website or while downloading some data from the Internet. Some virus's have the tendency to broadcast unwanted information on the communication channel. Due to this the communication channel gets flooded. If the communication channel gets flooded then the router disconnects the port on which the broadcasts are received. Hence scan the system and check for all the files which are infected. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected. After repairing the files, see if the problem persists.

Check if the drivers for the network card are installed and working on the computer. All the devices which are connected to the computer require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer. Drivers act as the mediator between the operating system and the device. If the drivers are not installed then the device will not work properly. To check if the appropriate drivers are installed and working on the computer, right click on my computer and go to device manager. Highlight the installed network adapter, if there are any caution signs then follow the troubleshooting procedure. If troubleshooting does not help, then try and update the drivers.

The working of the router depends on the firmware of the router. If the firmware of the router is outdated then it will not be able to handle the traffic which might result in frequent disconnection. Therefore connect the router to the computer using the console cable and visit the official website of the manufacturer of the router. Download the latest firmware which is available for the model of the router which you are using. Install the updated firmware and configure the router again. After updating the firmware of the router, you will be able to surf internet without any problems.