Thread: Reliance netconnect datacard gives modem not installed error when used

Reliance netconnect datacard gives modem not installed error when used

Hello, I have a Sony Vaio laptop which is installed with Windows Xp operating system on it. Recently I bought a Reliance Netconnect datacard to get mobile net connectivity on my laptop. The data card worked for few days and now the Reliance netconnect datacard gives modem not installed error when used. Whenever I try to connect to the server from the laptop, it gives the above mentioned error. I cant figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help in solving it. Any suggestions/solutions about the issue are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Reliance netconnect datacard gives modem not installed error when used

I suspect that the Reliance net connect datacard which you are using is faulty due to which you are facing such problem. Portable devices always face the issue with reliability. All the portable devices are unreliable because they are tend to get damaged due to physical shocks. Therefore I think the datacard must have sustained such a physical shock because of which it is not working. Take the datacard to the Reliance gallery and get it checked. If the data card is faulty then get it replaced.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

The operating system on the laptop must be not working properly and hence the data card is not getting recognized on the laptop. All the functions of the computer are controlled by the operating system of the computer. If the operating system of the computer is not working properly then the device connected to it will not get detected. If you have the installation disk of the operating system which you are using, then insert it and boot the system from the installation disk. Choose to repair the Windows installation on the drive and let the procedure get complete. Once the procedure is complete, check if the data card is working properly or not.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Have you tried reconfiguring the data card? Sometimes it happens that the configuration of the data card changes when it is plugged in or out of the computer. If the configuration of the data card changes then it will not be able to access the Internet and will give errors similar to one which you are getting. Therefore I would suggest you to connect the data card to the laptop and open the configuration page of the data card. Check if the configuration is done properly. If the data card is not configured properly, then make the required changes and check if the datacard is connecting to the internet or not.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

I would suggest you to scan the system with an updated antivirus as I suspect that the system is infected with some kind of virus which is not allowing the data card to access internet. Some virus's get linked with files of the application or the operating system. If a virus gets linked with files of the operating system then the system is bound to give such problems. Hence scan the system with an antivirus and then check for all the files which are infected. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected. After repairing all the files which are infected check if the data card is able to access the internet or not.

There must be some driver conflict and hence the system is giving such a message. To solve the problem, right click on My computer and go to device manager. Select the installed modem and select uninstall. After installing the device, connect the data card to the computer and let the system detect it. Install the required drivers for the data card on the system. After installing drivers, configure the data card and see if it is able to connect to the remote server. Hopefully the data card will work.

From 3 months i am using the net connect 1x datacard it was working fine but day before yesterday suddenly after uninstalling IDM from my system and restarting the sytem my OS is not detecting the datacard when i insert in the slot of my laptop. Though i un-install it again install also the system doesn't detect the datacard.

It seems that you have to reinstall the Reliance NetConnect Software. You can find Reliance NetConnect software for Machintosh, Windows and Linux here. By the way what do you mean by IDM, is it internet download manager cause it seems irrelavant for the use of datacard, if I am not getting the point perhaps?