Thread: Know Account information of TATA Postpaid Owners

Know Account information of TATA Postpaid Owners

Hi,
    I had heard that it is quiet easy to get information of a person mobile on TATA Indicom site. How that can be done. I had find on some forums discussing in this matter. They states that it is quiet possible to get personal information on postpaid and prepaid connections. How to check that out. This is really annoying that someone can retrieve your information.

Re: Know Account information of TATA Postpaid Owners

I recently discovered a new things on TATA Indicom website. If you are keen to know anyone's account information or name then you can do that on this website. Just open the site and then choose mobile postpaid. Then add the mobile number and then click on pay. The next thing you will find is the account information or name of the postpaid number owner. This is really buggy. The information is leaked in such a manner.

That was really nice. I had visited TATA Indicom site tons of time but never found such thing. I had tested the same on my Dad's mobile number and this site gives out personal information on the number. In some case it is better but in some case it is not. There must be some verification option added to this thing before providing the information.

I had too faced a similar experience. Sometime before it was possible to access anyone's Prepaid mobile account on TATA Indicom website. See here what happens. Get in the Prepaid mobile section of TATA Indicom and click on my Account. Add a prepaid mobile number and a email id. TATA Indicom website sent a verification on the email id for confirmation. And now after that you enter the mobile account. But now this has been stopped. You get a verification sms now instead of mail.

In my views it is not right to get such a easy access to any account even in the terms of mobile numbers. I find it lack of privacy. Though there is no harm actually in this. You can only see the mobile number or name of a person or bill account number. More you can do is pay the persons bill by check through this information if you feel to do some charity.

This was quiet interesting. The SMS verification option fine where you get the detailed confirmation on the mobile phone and a person gets alert that someone else is trying to get your account details. That is safe actually. But there might some more security on this. Anyhow privacy is also a matter for thing which all needs to work properly.