Thread: Wireless modem for MTNL broadband connection

Wireless modem for MTNL broadband connection

I am from Delhi and I would like to replace my existing ADSL modem provided by MTNL with some wifi modem. Actually I have recently purchased a laptop and I don't want to stick at one place in my home. So its better to go for wifi. But I am completely unaware of any wifi modems available in the market. Can anyone suggest me some good models of wireless modem alongwith their model number and pricing in the market and if possible in Delhi?

Re: Wireless modem for MTNL broadband connection

But why do you want to purchase a wifi modem? Why not you just ask the MTNL person to get a wifi modem for your broadband connection! They will definitely provide you a best compatible wireless modem for your broadband connection. They will definitely charge some rental cost (around 200 or so) but I think it is better to avoid any further problems which might occur in the near future something like driver issues or incompatibility or network related problems. This all would be handled by MTNL persons only and you do not need to take any headache.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Linksys WRT54G2 Broadband Router would be the best for you in my opinion. Since it is a broadband router, you can connect your MTNL connection with this router and you can even have 25+ devices (including laptops, printers etc) to this router and share internet between them.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Linksys WRT54G2 is just a router and so it does not have modem technology inbuilt. In my opinion Dlink DSL-2640T would be best. Its is both modem + router and so it not only shares your MTNL internet connection but also it boosts the internet speed. So you can even have 25+ devices connected (same as linksys) to this modem. So I would recommend this device over Linksys.