Thread: How Wimax connection available without Wimax spectrum auction

How Wimax connection available without Wimax spectrum auction

Hi Friends

I want to ask you some question that how wimax connection is available in India without any spectrum actuation. I read 3G spectrum at Rs 3,500 crore and WiMAX at Rs 1750 cr GoM fixes price this news on forums last week and question arise in mind how it's possible Wimax broadband without wimax spectrum auction from more then one year.

Re: How Wimax connection available without Wimax spectrum auction

This is interesting question. I am using Reliance wimax connection from past 8 months. And i read above news that " WiMAX spectrum at Rs 1750 cr ". I think govt gave special permission to reliance.

Wimax is new service for indian people to know them what is wimax ? On wiamx realy you will get broadband speed or not ? How much maximum speed ISP will provides through the wimax ? to solve all this question I think govt give permission to use wimax technology on trial basis.

Quote Originally Posted by aadi View Post
    Wimax is new service for indian people to know them what is wimax ? On wiamx realy you will get broadband speed or not ? How much maximum speed ISP will provides through the wimax ? to solve all this question I think govt give permission to use wimax technology on trial basis.
    Yes aadi is right. There is possibility that govt issued reliance Wimax spectrum on trial basis to check this new technology in india. now reliance will check what is the advantages and disadvantages of wimax service. and official spectrum reliance will buy through auction.