Thread: I am planing to disconnect Airtel and getting BSNL

I am planing to disconnect Airtel and getting BSNL

I am using Airtel broadband connection for last 4 months. My plan provides me around 1 mbps of internet speed and in night they told me that the speed will be doubled. I got the same for first few starting days. But suddenly I found that they are just giving be 512 mbps in the night. I had tested my router and checked that the issue is not related to that. I have a wifi connection shared at my home. So I also checked that someone has not kept something on download. But nothing found. It was issue from Airtel side. I called them up and told the issue. They said that they will look into the matter and till yet there is nothing done. It is almost a month now I am using the same thing and paying for what they said. I am not in a mood of continuing this service. My friend is using BSNL and he has the same plan where is getting 2 mbps in the night. The speed is constant. That looks nice. I had called the customer care dept. of BSNL and got all plan details.

Re: I am planing to disconnect Airtel and getting BSNL

The reason behind you are getting low bandwidth is FUPs. This is called as Fair Usage Policy where your bandwidth is limited by the company when you cross certain limit. This is to protect the interest of users. Kindly ask for FUP details from your service provider.

All companies follow Fair Usage Policy. Even BSNL is in the same list. Even if you tell you to give 2mbps of non stop bandwidth and you cross the FUP limit they will also limit the bandwidth. The tariff plans does not provides much detail on the Fup. This is mentioned in the documentation. You can ask the customer service regarding that. Going for any broadband provider will not solve you issue. If you download heavily then it is recommended that you must go for high bandwidth plan. All unlimited internet plans has bandwidth limitation for ever user. Or else they simply upgrade your plan and charge you higher in the bill.

FUPs surely going to tick off the consumers. It is fine to put that, but if you have a unlimited plan then you must be provided. This companies also do not mention clearly about this in their advertisement.

I got this pdf file of Airtel's Fair Usage Policy. It might put more highlight on your doubts. Go through the document below to get complete idea on your bandwidth limitation. If you had not exceeded the limit and still you are getting slow internet bandwidth then you can launch a complain regarding the same. Switching to different ISP cannot be proper solution. There many versatile plans by Airtel that you can go for. After the applying this Fair Usage Policy stuff many unlimited broadband plans are affected. The best example I can give you about is Sify who's unlimited broadband plan is simply awful. I don't know the companies will be going to protect user interest by deducting the
    bandwidths.
    Airtel Fair Usage Policy

FUPs is for those who pass their normal limits. For example you are having a unlimited download plan and you keep on download heavy stuff from internet. Because of you others subscribers receive low bandwidth. So that is why this is implemented.

There is no exact calculation to find out how this all works. Means how to find out the FUPs limit. I tried to find out the same, but this service providers does not say openly. There must be some kind of chart or some stuff which can give us regular update on that.

Every service provide has set a limit for monthly downloads. For example 10GB. If you cross the limit then your bandwidth is reduced. They can reduced the same from 2mbps to 512kbps and in the next month the service is again restored. Basically I keep all my downloads at the end of month. This becomes easier to get more bandwidth. Anyhow every service provider follows this FUP. So simply switching back to other is not a solution. You will be going to face the same issue either today or tomorrow.