Thread: Break an at&t wireless contract

Break an at&t wireless contract

Hi,

I am in contract with AT&T and i am not satisfy with its service and i want to switch to other network. How can you affordable break or cancel your cell phone contract? i dont want to pay any cancellation fees of 175$. is there a way to get out of AT&T contract without paying any charges.

Thank you

Re: Break an at&t wireless contract

You can cancel your contract without paying 175$ fees. National cponsumers league have sent notice to Carriers like AT&T,Verizon, Sprint against charges of early termination fees. after the complaint Major carriers have recently stooped taking charges for early contract. So penalties are only levied based on your remaining contract time.

To avoid paying for fees attached to carrier switching, You can take services of third party network provider. These sites usually work by matching prospective buyers with cell phone owners with prospective buyers. They will charge you some amount for their services and allow a consumer to post wireless contract terms. The site will then facilitate the transfer opf contracts between a buyer and an owner.

You can easily break an at&t wireless contract, you just have to call AT&T representative and tell them that you want to switch over to GSM network. As AT&T is CDMA and you are switching to GSM then they will cancel your TDMA account , to transfer the number to a GSM network, with no cancellation charge. You try GSM network for less than 30 days. Before 30 days, you cancel because you are "unhappy" with the service. You get your money back.