Thread: Dsl internet won't connect

Dsl internet won't connect

I using BSNL broadband connection . I am having problem with BSNL connection i am not able to access internet connection on laptop. I don't know why Dsl internet won't connect ? Can some one help me

Thanks

Re: Dsl internet won't connect

The server computer local area network connected to the Internet. To use Wingate as a server, make sure that TCP / IP is properly installed on the computer that will act as server.

If it is connected to the Internet through a modem, you should see the two protocols in the window control panel / network:

TCP / IP -> NE2000 compatible card (or the name of the NIC connected to LAN)
    TCP / IP -> Remote Access Card

Your ISP will install the cable modem or DSL for you or give you detailed instructions telling you how to connect and configure the modem to your computer. If you need to load, follow the instructions below. Make sure you have all your ISP account information handy.

• Connect your cable modem to the coaxial cable from your home or your DSL modem to your telephone line, then connect the modem to the Ethernet port on your computer, using a standard Ethernet cable (RJ-45).
    • Turn on your modem.
    • From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
    • In the System Preferences window, click Network to display the corresponding preferences.
    • In the View menu, choose Ethernet.
    • Click TCP / IP and choose Using DHCP from the Configure IPv4 pop-up menu.
    • Some modems automatically configure Ethernet settings when you connect your computer. If information is displayed next to "IP Address" and "Subnet", you're ready. Then launch Safari to browse the Web. If no data is displayed, read the instructions below.
    • Click wizard. In the dialog that opens, click wizard.
    • The Network Setup Wizard opens and guides you through the setup process. Follow its instructions. Once done, you should be online.

To configure your browser simply go in the preferences (options, configuration, ...) and find the option to connect through a proxy. " Enter the first field in the proxy address (192.168.0.1) and the second port (80). Some browsers will ask the proxy addresses for each service, both services being http and ftp for you fill the field as above.