Thread: 50 % download speed at night with BSNL broadband

jovialshafi Guest

sad 50 % download speed at night with BSNL broadband

I'm using BSNL broadband for more than six months with home500 plan(free night usage).
    i used to get around 200 kbps download speed at night. From the last few days i'm getting the download speed of only 100kbps.
    Is this BSNL's scheme or there is problem in my connection ?

Re: 50 % download speed at night with BSNL broadband

i think something went wrong in your OS, cant say in your area bsnl connections might have some problem ..i would advice you to just call your nearest bsnl office and tell your problems...

Tylon Foxx Guest

it's either that or everyone in your area downloads pr0n at night, although there may be other things at work, for example Windows update (it's set to update automatically at 3 AM by default), or somebody else in your house.

Also, some ISPs have a plan where they throttle down your connection at night, and usually you get to pay less for slower net at night.

I have no idea how BSNL works and what plans they have, it might be written in VERY small text somewhere on their site.
    if it isn't, and your country has laws against fraud marketing, then you can sue them.

If you downloaded more then 10 gb per month then most of the ISP decrease your download speed. have you downloaded more then 10 gb ? Otherwise contact BSNL office. 100kbps download speed is not bad speed. I am getting only 40 to 50 kbps download speed in 300 kbps plan