Thread: Airtel Sucks, switched to vodafone mobile services, after using airtel for 5 years

Airtel Sucks, switched to vodafone mobile services, after using airtel for 5 years

I had given a feedback on Airtel on a blog and if you want to read it just go ahead.

I have a Airtel Network in Mumbai and am completely fed up using its services. I have had this services for 5 years and now I have finally given up.

I live in Matunga which is located at Central Mumbai and I get a ZERO AIRTEL network in my home whereelse in Mumbai Pune expressway and some of the villages over there are given full network, if you visit these places you will come to know.

Every time I complained I only used to get a complaint number from their knock and nothing happened and they say work is still on progress if you ask them your complaint number refrence. After all this you may also get a call from Airtel asking you whether I was satisfied with the service or not and if I say NO then the whole cycle of launching complaints again continues.
    ~ - ~

Re: Airtel Sucks, switched to vodafone mobile services, after using airtel for 5 years

I would rather say that MTNL provides better service than Airtel, but people think that it affects the status of the person if you use Garuda/Dophin so VOdafone is the best option, they have claimed in an iterview few years back that they have enhanced Back Up system.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure."

Re: Airtel Sucks, switched to vodafone mobile services, after using airtel for 5 years

I also faced a similar problem last year. Just google “airtel gprs sucks” and you will find links to my endless / useless screaming on the internet. Airtel has always been known for it’s bad service. I have used Vodafone here in Mumbai, and their service is much better than what you have mentioned here, with loop mobile on the better side.
    "Water is insubstantial. By this I mean you can not grasp hold of it. You can not punch it and hurt it. Be formless, shapeless, like water.

I was also having Airtel connection for more then 1 year and my problem is that i am frequently getting calls of some Annonymous person asking for person whom i guess had this particluar sim card.
    if I had personally submitted my document to Airtel people why am I getting calls from some other person?
    Totally Clueless! (Well, almost!)

Aishwaryalivingdream Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moiz View Post
    I was also having Airtel connection for more then 1 year and my problem is that i am frequently getting calls of some Annonymous person asking for person whom i guess had this particluar sim card.
    if I had personally submitted my document to Airtel people why am I getting calls from some other person?
    Dad had been using an airtel connection since two years and then gave up that no. for some time..a lifetime connection .. it was kept off..I'd been using another airtel no. but now need to get hold of this old no. cause its some kindda nostalgia as I'm moving out for college next year.. want to carry this no. with me always. And I find out that some extremely rude{spoke to her}woman is using the no. that I paid for ! hell! I took the no. paying with my money and docs and now whether I fry it or eat it or keep it switched off... they have no f**king rights to give it to some one else! I guess I'll move the consumer court.. that no. has sentimental values for me! can u suggest me any easier option so as to retrieve my connection?.. consumer court is a lengthy process keepin' in mind the Indian Judiciary system.
    Thanks and sorry if I really took a lot of your time making you read this.
    waiting for reply.
    GOD BLESS.
    regards,
    Aishwarya,Calcutta/Kolkata.

i dont think

i have last 5 yr experience with airtel

in which i didnt face any problem

in my home there are some network problem

when i m on bed then there is no network of voda, rel, and even idea but airtel have 3 network and my area doesnt have any airtel tower but voda tower is just 100 mtr far from my home

Yeah, Airtel is the best. I have been with Airtel since past 6 years without a problem. The best thing is the customer care gets connected within a minute not like BPL [Loop] that they keep our call on hold for atleat 15 mins before attending it. Also you get proper solution. I have this other BPL card. Whenever i have a probelm and i call CC, they keep me waiting for 15 minutes then if the problem isn't understood by them or they don't have a proper solution, they just disconnect the phone. Vodafone has improved their service these days i agree, but not a match for airtel...