Thread: How long does it take to port a number from Verizon

How long does it take to port a number from Verizon

Hello friends,

I was having Verizon connection with me and now i have changed my Network provider to Alltel. When i took Alltel connection and i asked them that how much time it will take to port my number from Verizon and what steps i need to follow for it.

Alltel representative told me that i need to visit Verizon gallery and hand the bill order to them and they will port my number to Alltel and this usually takes 3-4 hours for it. But after 6- 7 hours when i called up Alltel customer support and told them about the same, the representative told me it will take 3 to 4 days to port my number and he didn't ask me about my Verizon account information too. Does anyone was facing such kind of issue ?

Verizon Porting or Activation Problems

I don't think so you should have any problem because when i change from Suncom to Alltel, Alltel customer support didn't asked me to do anything with Suncom. My phone was already preactivated i had to transferred my number from Alltel to Suncom and when i called Suncom representative the only asked me fro my ESN number for clearance and my phone was activated within few minutes.

Can i port my number from Verizon

I guess normally Porting a number should take 24 hours if it doesn't happen then you need to call Verizon because there would be some issues from there end like there would be some documentation issue on Port request which you have made. By the end of the day the order department could not submit the order due to some issue.

Number Port Problem

I was also facing similar issue with my iPhone to activate and it's still showing status as pending when i called them i was being told that i will receive an email from AT&T but still haven't receive it. I guess each customer who are facing such kind of issue should ask for compensation for getting delay in process.