Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aircel GPRS Speed is very slow

Aircel GPRS Speed is very slow

Last week i activated Aircel netconnect on that time i received 50 to 60 kbps speed. But after 2 days i speed comes down to 20 - 30 kbps. I called customer care they told me there is no issue in GRPS. Is there any issue in my phone ?

Re: Aircel GPRS Speed is very slow

Speed was depends on network if EDGE tower is near from your area then you will receive Nice speed. GPRS speed never constant it's always fluctuated.

Yesterday i recharge Unlimited GPRS at Rs. 98 but still it not activated i called customer care 5 times but still not activated. Aircel technical department is not proper.

Aircel customer care persone answer not properly please contact head office number 9768191900 or 9768293202

Rightly said. I am using this from last 3 days really sucking speed. abot 0-2 kbps max. It takes much even to load google page. BSNL i best but their customer care is not good. Try bsnl first if it doesn't work in u r area then only go for aircel. Aircel customer cares also don't know anything about. Thhey r just helples themselves

pls dial 125 and recharge your voucher than activate quick

Mr. Vadish, recharge only dialing number is 125 or then your followup and activate message quick

Down Re: Aircel GPRS Speed is very slow

I live in Hyderabad & was excited to learn that Aircel has unlimited GPRS for Rs 98, while other service providers charge unreasonably with limitations on datausage. I activated the GPRS without any problems and was also able to connect it to the laptop with dialup number they gave from customer service. But unfortunately the internet speed is not just slow, but it doesnt load any more than the home page. I have 3 phones - 1) O2 Atom - Windows Mobile 2005 version 2) Siemens - Windows Mobile 2003 SE & 3) Motorola A780 - Linux smart phone. All are edge capable.

In desktop, I tried to access my yahoo mail and I waited for 15 minutes and irritated on no show of my inbox page, I disconnected. From the internet connection icon indicator on taskbar, the way it shows internet connectivity, it appears that Aircel has got a normal internet connection of 256 KBS unlimited from some ISP and sharing it to all their GPRS users. There is nothing as edge capable and all that crap applicable to Aircel.

On the phones it takes 20 minutes to load http://wap.yahoo.com and after 20 minutes, I see only the background colour of homepage with a message that operation timed out or connection timed out.

Before I used to use Airtel Mobile office unlimited for Rs 375 on same phones and got an avg download spead of 7kbs/second and internet access speed upto 150 KBS. This was very decent to access any types of flash pages and emails, except to watch streaming videos. I downloaded Windows 7 operating System (4GB size) in 2 days with that connection those times.

But now Airtel is no longer offering Mobile office pack and only available unlimited internet seems to be Aircel which is no brainer.

Any Aircel GPRS Unlimited - In short - just mere waste of time, money & simply useless to check even your emails both in desktop/Laptop or by phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Takshak View Post
    Last week i activated Aircel netconnect on that time i received 50 to 60 kbps speed. But after 2 days i speed comes down to 20 - 30 kbps. I called customer care they told me there is no issue in GRPS. Is there any issue in my phone ?

Aircel speed here in West Bengal is just as worse! Barring a couple of hours in the morning,it doesn't even works throughout the day sometimes.No result even after complaining this to their customer care. Wonder if this is going to change anytime soon.

I have used 3 days aircel poccket pc.
    I got 1kb or less speed on Aircel GPRS.....

You can increase your GPRS internet speed. For that you need to check out the following link. If you want you can increase the speed with the help of Internet Cyclone.

Aircel is realy giving a sucking response to its kerala circle customers, iam using dat connection for last 4 months, iam having a problem with gprs usage, i had made a complaint to their customer care on oct 2nd 2009 my complaint was iam not able to get incoming calls while am using gprs, getting response as out of reach, aftr complaing to cstmr care i had send a mail to their service delivery team, and contacted aircel showroom and nodal officer, but after 1.5 moths its still sucking , now i need 30 minutes to download a file wich is having 1mb of size, and also not able to get incoming calls, so am advising you ppl, pls dont let any frnds to get an aircel connection, y those ppl r saying dat they are costomer service personals, any body dont know what are they saying, they are looking for finishing the call not for getting resolution to customer
    Thanks

I was a litle lucky cos i dint buy the 98rs pack! I jus got the 14rs one...the speed is pretty good on phone...but real dead slow on pc... i wud suggest everybody to luk into airtel's98rs pack... speed is better and 2Gb download limit... its worth the price!

Yea,I got SMS from Airtel that 2GB@Rs.98/- for 30 days.
    2GB is more than enough for mobile browsing.....

I have no problem with aircel gprs.If ur access point is pocket internet change to aircel online and use ucweb 7 on ur mobile.I am getting min speed of 15KBPS(120 kbps) and max speed is 40 KBPS(320 kbps) and average speed of 20 KBPS(160 Kbps) on my 6630 phone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast