Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idea net setter sucks

Idea net setter sucks

Dear Friends

I bought the idea net setter usb stick with great expectations. However, after the first few hours, it is logging on at 53.6 kbps speed (instead of promised 236 kbps) and this has not changed ever since. At first I thought this was some server problem and would soon correct itself but this is not happening.

Can anyone explain the reason for this?

There is no helpline, website or any other support service. Please let me know if there is some place I can get technical assistance in this matter.

I think finally that it is guite a bad !dea

Vishwa
    In Rishikesh where sewers are dumped with impunity into the Gangaji

Re: Idea net setter sucks

You better contact Idea for this. Since the product is new, they should provide you free assistance and if it is faulty, they should provide replacement. Is there any warranty given by Idea on this USB NetSetter?

Meanwhile, you can try to contact their Customer Care through this - http://www.ideacellular.com/IDEA.por...e_CustomerCare

You can also contact them via toll free numbers and explain your grievances regarding product - http://www.ideacellular.com/IDEA.por...Page_AboutIdea

Else, contact the Nodal Officers through email and they must provide you assistance and proper service - http://www.ideacellular.com/IDEA.por..._Page_Consumer

Why you are not try Reliance Netconnect Broadband (Reliance Evdo) and TATA Indicom High Speed HSIA Photon USB Modem it will give you speed up to 3.1 mbps.

I was eager to know the response on Idea Net Setter.

Anyways, as far as user reviews are concerned Photon+ and Reliance Netconnect are quite convincing!

Broad-Man's suggestions are particularly useful. I sent a msg to idea grievance centre, they registered my complaint and sent me a very polite message, then nothing!

Vishwa

Quote Originally Posted by vishwarishikesh View Post
    Broad-Man's suggestions are particularly useful. I sent a msg to idea grievance centre, they registered my complaint and sent me a very polite message, then nothing!

Vishwa
    Does that "then nothing" mean that they havent helped you out???

Vishwa
    Send them email 1 more time. If no positive response, send an email to the nodal officer directly and threat that if you are not assisted properly and the problem is not solved, then you will file a case against IDEA in consumer court. This should wake them up and help you.

Idea GPRS rates is also high compare to other operators. And network is bad compare to other provider.

I got some feedback on the nature of problem. Apparently some fibre optic cable is broken and they are trying to get it repaired.

Let us see.

Vishwa

angry Re: Idea net setter sucks

Dear Friends

I bought the idea net setter usb stick with great expectations. However, after the first few hours, it is logging on at 53.6 kbps speed (instead of promised 236 kbps) and this has not changed ever since. At first I thought this was some server problem and would soon correct itself but this is not happening.

There is no helpline, website or any other support service. Please let me know if there is some place I can get technical assistance in this matter.

Vishwa
    In Rishikesh where sewers are dumped with impunity into the Gangaji
    I have same problem with Idea Net setter.
    It is very slow and no one is guiding.
    bad experience!!!!!!

Gne Guest

Dear friend, unlock your modem and go for cheaper and faster services.

Hi Good evening
    This is Surjeet Singh from Noida.
    Can you please tell me how to unlock idea net setter so i can use different Sim. idea is charging too much for internet, aircel is charging very low for unlimited internet for a month.

Please help me.

Name of Manufacture – Huawei Technologies
    Idea Net Setter IMEI: - 353474029787413
    S/N: D84CAA1961603414
    Model No: - EG162G
    Send to me unlock key my email

alfredbond Guest

I can help you friend. I am ceazy abuot the functions of different sim cards. I know this procedure.Follow the steps:
    1) You download usb unlocker free from Dc-unlocker | download - ZTE, Sonyericsson,Sierra Wireless Aircard, Sierra, Option, Novatel, Maxon, Huawei and have fun idea uses huawei eg162g data card to unlock this you need to edit the deviceinfo.xml file.
    2) then go through it and where ever it is written "<item name="WCDMA" Alias="" SMMode="PDU" ProductNet="WCDMA" SimUnlock="Y">" change it to <item name="WCDMA" Alias="" SMMode="PDU" ProductNet="WCDMA" SimUnlock="N">
    and save the file remember it is right protected file.
    3) to overwrite this save the edited file to some other location and then copy and paste in the program files/idea net setter/close your idea net setter and restart net setter now you can use any sim cards.

unlockideanetsetter Guest

Post Re: Idea net setter sucks

hii to all the idea net setter customer i know idea is fake n take more money for internet so to remove this problem u can ulock ur idea netsetter
    just call me on my cell phone no "+919451169630" and send ur IEMI no which is written on the back of ur idea netsettr
    Njoy
    Last edited by Maqbool; 23-06-2010 at 09:47 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.

Dear Friends

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast