Thread: BSNL unlimited broadband charging me Rs 8250

sad BSNL unlimited broadband charging me Rs 8250

Hello everyone. I have visited these forums since a long time ago but I never needed to post or become a member.

I am now posting to ask about stupid BSNL and their stupid unlimited plan.

Last year, my bsnl bill was Rs.8700+. Then, we were using 250 home plan with 1 GB limit. So broadband was cut till november. We applied for unlimited plan change. I am talking about the 750 unlimited plan. So, now I hsould have unlimited uploading and downloading without any charge. So, I used it for tow months and now a bill came and it says 8250.

The bill is entirely for broadband. It says like this

BROADBAND- S-250
    FIXED CHARGE TO 28/02/2009 = 250.00
    BROADBAND USAGE-200902

That is apart of the broadband bill.

Is this possible? Isnt this there mistake? Or is this real? I am on 750 plan. It was changed they said too when we got it in november.

It billed into 250 home plan now. I dont know how or why

Please help me. I dont think I can frequent this place. So please send the answer to me in a mail

Thank you
    Last edited by Yogesh; 20-03-2009 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Personal details not allowed. You will get email notification when you get reply.

Re: BSNL unlimited broadband charging me Rs 8250

hello , Unfortunately , As you state BROADBAND- S-250 it means that your plans have not Change and you must be downloading and uploading at high rates , so if you have got the acknwledgement from them that your plan were change to 750 plan then there is no way they can charge you more money otherwise you might have to pay the bill .

I use a airtel broadband and I have never ever got an issue with it.

thank you for your reply. Here is some more stuff.

When the phone bill was paid in november, we applied to change plan to 750 plan. During the change, we didnt get net for over 3 weeks because they said they were taking time to change. We got angry and called supervisor etc and they finally gave it back. They said it was unlimited now and gave new password and username and ip etc.

My speed is also at very very low. I used to download at 500 kb per second. After change, I was downloading at 100 kb per second. SO i think it is their mistake.

Also, BSNL is the only broadband available in my place. Asianet is one we are looking for but it is available only till 2 km away from my house for 5 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by subindxsubin View Post
    thank you for your reply. Here is some more stuff.

When the phone bill was paid in november, we applied to change plan to 750 plan. During the change, we didnt get net for over 3 weeks because they said they were taking time to change. We got angry and called supervisor etc and they finally gave it back. They said it was unlimited now and gave new password and username and ip etc.

My speed is also at very very low. I used to download at 500 kb per second. After change, I was downloading at 100 kb per second. SO i think it is their mistake.

Also, BSNL is the only broadband available in my place. Asianet is one we are looking for but it is available only till 2 km away from my house for 5 years now.

Have You Talk with the Bsnl personal and ask them why they have charged you so much , if not please have a conversation with them about that if your plan was change then why they have charged you so much for an fixed unlimited plan , please do let us know what they reply .

So have you got the refund of that incorrect bill. If not, you should insist for it coz the mistake is from BSNL side.
    As about the downloading speed, what is your browsing speed for this unlimited plan and what was the browsing speed for that limited plan earlier (as per the BSNL brochure) ?
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!