Thread: BSNL EVDO DATA card review

BSNL EVDO DATA card review

Hello

I am using BSNl Evdo service from last month. it provide speed up to 2 mbps. but i received speed around 256 to 512 kbps. download speed of 25-30kbps sometime it gives me 50 kbps download speed. Where EVDO network is not there i received only 144 kbps speed.

Want to buy

Go to your nearest telephone exchange and fill up a form. You need to produce some address proof. You will get the EVDO modem that day itself.

Speed

The connection is very stable and speeds are awesome. I am getting download speeds of 256-512 kbps which is just too good for wireless internet. The speed is supposed to be more. It can be upto 2.4 mbps but it depends on your the signal strength. Also you need the EVDO signal which is not available in all places I am told. So what you can do is borrow from a friend and check if you are getting EVDO connection at your locality or not.

Data Card

The maufacturer is ZTE. The model number is AC8700.

Driver

A mini CD contains the necessary drivers for Windows XP/2000. There is no bundled driver for Vista or Linux. But fret not, you can get download them from ZTE website.

See BSNL Evdo Data Card Tariff

Re: BSNL EVDO DATA card review

This is the perfect product for those in the need of wireless internet connection. There is a huge market of wireless internet which has not been efficiently tapped by any company so far. Now BSNL has come up with something really great but they suck at marketing! Hardly anyone knows about this wireless data card option.

Re: BSNL EVDO DATA card review

BSNL promises 2 Mbps but as the EVDO network is not still up they tell its only 144 kbps but i get a max of 180kbps. It is uneven and not reliable. They promise to upgade the network after a month but not sure.