Thread: Tata Indicom broadband - worst services in the world

angry Tata Indicom broadband - worst services in the world

My wireless broadband connection was installed on 17th Feb 2009. AND I HAVE NOT BROWSED CONTINOUSLY FOR MORE THAN 20 MINS SINCE THEN. THERE IS A FREQUENT DISCONNECTTION PROBELM WITH MY CONNECTION. I logged complaint many times but there were no actions taken.

I paid Rs 2124/- to install the connection and now the worst part is that "My account" is showing Rs 1268/- amount as outstanding balance.

Bill was generated on 21st Feb 09. In just four days they charged me 1268/- amount again.

The worst services in the world.

Re: Tata Indicom broadband - worst services in the world

What tariff plan have you selected? Isn't there any free MB's of surfing in your plan? Is the plan like you will be charged for whatever time you surf and for whatever you download? If the billing is wrong, call their customer service and give the details and ask them to correct it. But there customer service is also not good as far as I have seen reviews. If they could not help, go to the Tata Indicom gallery or the shop (whatever) personally and describe your problems and ask them to solve all the problems related to billing and surfing immediately. If they are not helpful, threat them that you will remove the connection and will not pay anything to them and finally if they become rude, warn them that you will take legal action against them. This should be the last step... I believe. Usually after this, many problems get solved . I have experiences.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

I am using at Tata Indicom Broadband connection (unlimited 1Mbps plan) as a backup broadband connection. Browsing the web you will find several pretty negative experiences with Tata Indicom Broadband connection.

From the Survey/Poll on the Tata BroadBand Consumer original review you can find that maximum people have voted this as Bad Services and dont forget to read the "15 Things you get with it".The Speciality with them is No Money back, Full time Downtime, Real bad experiance, Bad customer support etc…

For me, the "15 Things you get with it" are -
    1. Headache
    2. 24/7 Tensions
    3. Losing Money Pre Paid for the Connection
    4. Sucking(I did mean Sucking) Pain
    5. Too Bad Support who just forward you to many many concerned departments
    6. Losing lot of money by calling them daily but getting no replies from them
    7. Switched off phones - Service Line guys
    8. 1 Month minimum New Connection Waiting Time
    9. No Refund for the payments made ie A Dead Investment
    10. No Extra Credit Days even though their servers are down
    11. No Amount in your account even if you have paid a 3 Months pre paid
    12. A Used Second Hand Router which does not work every 5th day and a TATA Indicom support guy comes after a minimum of 48 hours to replace it and get some Bribe for that
    13. Customer Service Helpline number which changes frequently so you cannot book a complain easily
    14. Value Added Services like Link Down, Bad Connection, Bad Routers
    15. These Guys who install the hubs on rental basis never pay their rents and in return we End Customers lose the connections.

And there is more to say...
    So, next time you are planning to buy a Broadband connection, make sure you check out their reviews.

--------------------------------------------------------
    I have a unlimited 384 infiniy plan and This is the whole story.
    --------------------------------------------------------

How many times you will log a complaint for the same issue. This is the third complaint number you are giving me.

I logged a request for disconnection, why dont you disconnect it ASAP.

I dont need any further communication from customer service executives.

I believe there is no escalation level in your organisation as no one listens or read any mails.

Hi Nodal officer HQ,

Could you reply to this.

Thanks,
    Ritesh Saxena

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To:
    Subject: FW: Uninstall and refund
    Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 14:39:55 +0530

Dear Mr. Saxena,
    We understand the inconvenience caused to you and we regret for the same.
    Please refer to the telephonic discussion you had with Mr. Arun Kumar on 07-Mar-09.
    We have registered a complaint on your behalf regarding the connectivity concern of your account. Our team will contact you at the earliest to do the needful.
    Your complaint number is: 9024964.
    Assuring you of our best services at all times.
    For any further assistance, please feel free to contact Customer Service at http://www.tataindicombroadband.in/contactus.html (the link contains the location wise contact numbers) or mail us on customerservice@tatacommunications.com. We will be delighted to assist you.

Warm Regards,
    Jibby Benjamen,
    Customer Service,
    TATA Communications Internet Services Ltd.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Friday, 06 March, 2009 8:50 PM
    To: nodalofficer.hq@tatacommunications.com; nodalofficer.north@tatacommunications.com; customerservice@tatacommunications.com
    Subject: RE: Uninstall and refund
    Who the hell has confirmed that the frequent disconnection problem has been resovled.

And how can you assume from your side, as your connectivity is same as the first day of installation.

It disconnects everytime whenever you are doing any important work, there is no duration it suddenly disconnect and login page still remain same.

I am not going to pay anything now and I want my connection to be uninstall by tomorrow EOD with refund 2124 INR.

Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 10:53:35 +0530
    To: ; customerservice@tatacommunications.com

Dear Mr. Saxena,

In reference to the appended mail and regarding your broadband account id: ritesh_saxena@vsnl.net
    We wish to inform that your service issue had been resolved/restored from our end. We hope your concern of Frequent disconnection has been resolved now.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

For any further assistance please,

· Contact 24 hours toll free Customer Care: 1800 209 7070 or call the Customer Service number in your city.

· You can also write to us at customerservice@tatacommunications.com.

Assuring you of our best of services at all times,
    Yours sincerely,

Nodal Officer – North

Tata Communications Internet Services Limited

Sent: Sunday, March 01, 2009 9:50 AM
    To: Customer Service (Retail-India); Nodal Officer North
    Cc: Nodal Officer HQ

Hats off to your services !! Previously logged complaint didn't work out for 4-5 days (complaint no 8876900) no one visited to my premises, and on 28th you logged new complaint again from your side.

Still 24hrs has been passed and even I didnt get any single call.

Why the hell dont you take your services back.

To:
    Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 12:49:42 +0530

Dear Mr. Saxena,
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please refer to the telephonic discussion you had with Mr .Kamalakar on 28-Feb-09 .
    We have registered a complaint on your behalf regarding the connectivity concern of your account. Our team will contact you at the earliest to do the needful.
    Your complaint number is: 8923518.
    Assuring you of our best services at all times.
    For any further assistance, please feel free to contact Customer Service at http://www.tataindicombroadband.in/contactus.html (the link contains the location wise contact numbers) or mail us on customerservice@tatacommunications.com. We will be delighted to assist you.

Warm Regards,

Jibby Benjamen,

Customer Service,

Sent: Friday, 27 February, 2009 12:51 PM
    To: customerservice@tatacommunications.com
    Cc: nodalofficer.north@tatacommunications.com

That's fine, Don’t apologize for this, this was my fault that I should be knowing your policies before taking your connection. Now please uninstall the connection.

And you are also unable to solve the frequent disconnection problem of internet So there is no use in continuing your services.

Kindly uninstall it ASAP, I am fed up of trying connecting to internet connections and making calls to customer executive.

To:
    Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:28:13 +0530

Dear Mr. Saxena,
    We take the opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

With reference to your mail we would like to inform you that, the monthly rental of the plan that you are in, for the coming month is collected in TOP advance as per the policy of the company. However since the time for making payment of the bill is 15 days, rentals are effectively collected 15 days in advance only. Any usage charges over and above the monthly rental as well as charges for content services etc. are billed in the next bill.
    Thank you for your time and patience.

Warm Regards,

Grace,

Customer Service,

TATA Communications Internet Service Ltd.

Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 6:01 PM
    To: customerservice@tatacommunications.com; nodalofficer.north@tatacommunications.com
    What kind of policy is this, that you are charging advance rental in post paid connection. And who is going to make the customer aware regarding this, prior to connection.
    To:
    Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:38:19 +0530

Dear Mr. Saxena,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our notice.
    We would like to inform you that pro-rata rental where rental from that date of your installation to the billing cycle date. This is charged on a pro-rata basis i.e. only for the number of days your account is active. Advance monthly rental for the coming month is collected in advance as per the policy of the company. However, since the time for making payment of the bill is 15 days, rentals are effectively collected 15 days in advance only. On total amount 12.36% service tax is calculated.
    Hope the above information satisfies your query.
    Thank you for your time and patience.
    Warm Regards,
    Grace,
    Customer Service,
    TATA Communications Internet Service Ltd.
    Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 2:05 PM
    To: customerservice@tatacommunications.com; nodalofficer.north@tatacommunications.com; appellate.authority@tatacommunications.com
    Hi,

This is the below statement which is showing on "My Account" section. This means that I am being charged 1000 INR for only four days as my connection was installed on 17th-Feb-09 and bill was generated on 21st-Feb-09.

Current Charges

AMOUNT (Rs.)

Installation Charges

Deposit Charges

Monthly Access charges

Pro-rata Monthly Charges

Charges for Value Added Services

Other charges

Discounts

Current Charges

Service Tax on Current Charges

Education Cess on Current Charges

Higer Education Cess on Current Charges

How can a company charge like this for 4 days to their customers or your executives who are installing connections, dont have sufficient knowlegde or they are hiding these things.

Monthly access charge is 1000 INR and again 129 INR is pro-rata rental, as per my understanding only 129 INR should be chargeable.
    And internet connection dont work properly, connectivity is very poor. If this was not feasible for you then why this connection was installed on my location.

I am not going pay anything and want my connection to be uninstall and refund my whole money 2124 INR.

Ritesh Saxena
    To: saxena_ritesh
    Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 13:21:21 +0530

Dear Mr. Saxena,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please refer to the telephonic discussion you had with Mr. Arun Kumar on 26-feb-09.
    We have already registered your concern regarding connectivity with complaint number 8876900. Our team is working on priority and the needful will be done at the earliest.

We would like to inform you that pro-rata rental where rental from that date of your installation to the billing cycle date. This is charged on a pro-rata basis i.e. only for the number of days your account is active. Advance monthly rental for the coming month is collected in advance as per the policy of the company. However, since the time for making payment of the bill is 15 days, rentals are effectively collected 15 days in advance only. On total amount 12.36% service tax is calculated.The bill has been calculated after deducting from the advance paid towards your account.

And please find the below given link ant the account status for the same.

Statement of Account

Balance Forward

Transaction Date
    Type
    Reference No
    Mode
    Instrument No
    Instrument date
    Bank Branch
    Debit Amount
    Credit Amount
    Remarks

02/16/2009
    PAYMENT
    CHEQUE
    14-02-2009
    CITI BANK
    instrument dated:14-02-2009

02/16/2009
    PAYMENT
    CHEQUE
    14-02-2009
    CITI BANK
    instrument dated:14-02-2009

02/21/2009
    INVOICE
    Feb/2009/3/001/00000025006
    Account Balance
    Hope the above information satisfies your query.

Assuring you of our best services all the time.

For any further assistance, please feel free to contact Customer Service at http://www.tataindicombroadband.in/contactus.html (the link contains the location wise contact numbers) or mail us on customerservice@tatacommunications.com. We will be delighted to assist you
    Warm Regards,

Vemalatha,

Customer Service,

Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 9:40 AM
    To: customerservice@tatacommunications.com
    Subject: Uninstall and refund
    Hi,
    My wireless broadband connection was installed on 17th Feb 2009. AND I HAVE NOT BROWSED CONTINOUSLY FOR MORE THAN 20 MINS SINCE THEN. THERE IS A FREQUENT DISCONNECTTION PROBELM WITH MY CONNECTION. I logged complaint many times but there were no actions taken.

I paid Rs 2124/- to install the connection and now the worst part is that "My account" is showing Rs 1268/- amount as outstanding balance.

HOW COME THIS IS POSSIBLE AND HOW MY OUTSTANDING IS THERE IN JUST A WEEK.

CAN ANYONE RESOLVE THIS AND UNINSTALL MY CONNECTION AND PAY MY REFUND ASAP.

I AM TOTALLY FED UP WITH THE SERVICES OF THE TATA BROADBAND.

login id - ritesh_saxena

Regards,

Ritesh Saxena

I believe in India all big companies doesnt know what is customer service. They dont know this way they are makin their product worst. They must learn from US people what is customer service.
    Empty Mind is a Worshop of Devil

I don't think TATA's Customer care is for helping customers. TATA Customer care executive are also so rude. I will request Ratan TATA to call in TATA customer care and talk with his employee then he will understand. what's going on....

angry Re: Tata Indicom broadband - worst services in the world

Before taking up a ISP I decided to have a look at the broadband forums to find the various ISP in Pune

I took up the TATA Indicom ( wired ) broadband services in Pune. Now it seems all the stories are coming true to me..

I paid hard cash so that they wouldn't need to clear the money through cheque.. The guy from tata broadband who collected the

registration forms told me they require 5 days to install the Cable line.

Even after 25 days they have not yet installed the broadband. I paid them Installation ( 1000 Rs) + Deposit ( 1000 Rs ) + 1

months advance payment 1000 Rs + 12.5 servie Tax ( 250 Rs to the Blood and sweat sucking Govt from which Of course there is nothing that I or we can expect ) . The total amount came to 3250 Rs ..

I called the service guy many a times.every time he would say that an engineer is being sent say around 3:30 PM .. then from 3:30 PM I would find his cell phone off till the next day ..

The month is about to be over for which I have already paid the advance payment..So it seems that my 1000 Rs advance payment has already gone down the dirty TATA drain as I have to still go into Cybercafe for internet

I am planning to cut off the broadband connection as soon as it is installed. My money and time both are lost.. if YOU wouldn't like to waste your time and send money down the dirty drain don't never ever install TATA BROADBAND.

Characteristics of the TATA Broadband services :

1.) If the TATA guys comes and tries to get cheque / money from you in a hurriedly ( hasty ) manner agreeing to everything you say then he is planning to screw you up your ass at any cost.

2.) He would tell you that he would install the Cable on the 5 day then he means that install it on the 25th day or thereafter.. Some smarty tata guy would tell they would install the next day or as soon as possible .. all these means the same.

3.) You would ring him on his cell phone . he would readily pick up the phone addressing you as Sir or Madam and would tell you that he is sending the guy at 4:30 PM .. It means that you would find his cell phone from that time till infinity

4.) every time you would ask about the status of your connection. They will make excuses that they have lot many connections to install.

5.) You might not get the Service or the broadband .. but these beggars will send the bill on time, that is for sure

I wouldn't say that you shouldn't go for TATA Broadband..but these are the characteristics that would help you figure out more early

Some of these characteristics that I have mentioned match .. Tit4Tat Tit4Tat is Member