Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSNL 3G download Speed ?

BSNL 3G download Speed ?

BSNL launched 3G services in India can any one tell me how much download Speed BSNL 3G is providing on 3G network ? is anyone using BSNl 3G here ?

Thanks

Re: BSNL 3G download Speed ?

On 3G network you will get surfing speed upto 2 mbps. we can see live tv show, video on you tube.

On BSNL 3G network you will get broadband experience with speed better than 384 KBPS.

This is more than broadband speed i am using 256 kbps speed plan in that i am getting only 20 to 30 kbps downloading speed. this is best option now for me.

Are you guys kidding?
    256kbps..384 kbps as broadband?

Things are worse in India than I thought. On top of it, 1 GB/ 2GB caps??
    Nairobi offers better connectivity than this tripe!!

I hope the government is not showcasing these speeds as "broadband". This is laughable.

boss.... he is written as 384KBPS not 384 Kbps first understand what he has written.....it means speed is almost equal to 3Mbps.....
    Last edited by anandtanaji; 20-05-2010 at 02:29 PM.

ThumbsUp Re: BSNL 3G download Speed ?

20 to 30 kpbs is not downloading speed. this is transfer rate

to check pure download speed just go to google.com. and search speedometer,

now check your speed from beltronica telecom speedometer. here u can see pure dowmloading speed.

u shoud also download the ''internet download manager'' to make your file transfer rate better.

Down Re: BSNL 3G download Speed ?

3G Data card service is the worst 3G service in the world. BSNL claims of an uninterrupted 3.6 MBPS = 3.6/8 of actual download speed i.e. 460 KBPS but it is just around 20 -30 KBPS in average, sometimes its 50 - 60 KBPS.

Anyone who is reading this please I request them never to take this service, it may be portable, but it is the worst service that you are ever going to use. believe me I am now repenting after opting for this namesake Lightning fast service...

I'm using airtel EDGE in bangalore. I get download speeds of 35-40 KBPS. I can download movies of 141mb on my cell in 1.5 hrs. I think This is better then BSNL 3G which is 100 times expensive than airtel EDGE. I pay 98rs per month for 2GB download!

subscribed for Rs 98/mo unlimited 2G internet from Airtel live in Hyderabad. Whenever I go remote places or traveling, I connect my Nexus One to laptop (pdaNet) and I get 50Kpbs down load speed not bad. My son uses the laptop and I use phone for internet browsing simultaneouslly.....so simple. I am waiting for 3G rollout not sure what the prices are...But Airtel is the best in the industry with customer service and they give what they say..BSNL is worst in the Telcom industry in India.... worst customer service.....

Hi all...
    I have brought new BSNl 3g sim with data card. The speed i am getting is just about 40 kbps. Somebody was telling me to change settings to 3g to get good speed but i didn't get what to change in settings. Can anybody provide me proper settings to avail max speed.

Also can any of you tell me how to connect to internet in ubuntu 10.04 using BSNL Data cad.

Thanks in advance

Hi santhosh.he,

If you want to know the BSNl 3g settings and how to speed it up then you need to do the following below:

• First send a SMS to 58355 in the following format. E.g. Nokia N900
    • Then you will receive 4 configuration messages which can be opened with a PIN no.
    • The PIN no is 1111
    • Lastly you can use the PIN, open the configuration message and save it. Do the same for all messages.

Thanks for the reply.

But i don't want to connect through Phone. I have Data card, which i got from BSNL office itself. So do you have any idea about settings for the Data card?

The settings for the same varies as per the zones divided. I found some settings for the North Zone which is quiet similar with others too. I am listing the steps if that does not work then try to contact the customer service support. First insert the card and then run the setup. Once the installation is complete then click finish. Run Internet Explorer and then click on Tools. Now click on Connection and there click on Add New Profile > WWAN Profile. Fill the details name = BSNL 3G, APN=gprsnorth3g.bsnlmobile.in and PDP=IP. Leave the user name and password empty.

Re: BSNL 3G download Speed

Im planning to buy a nokia 5235 or C5 but im confused which one to opt. I found 3G speed that is 3.6Mbps in 5235 and 10.1Mbps in C5. So, if i take bsnl 3G how its gonna work in both cells can you please explain.

Will it make any difference with type 6 or 7 like upload speed or downlink speed plz anyone explain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast