Thread: How to get Airtel 3g SIM Card

How to get Airtel 3g SIM Card

I have just roamed to the Mumbai from Kerala where I was using an Idea Sim Card on my Nokia N series mobile phone. Since I have roamed to Mumbai, I am not able to use 3G services by this Idea Card and even call rates are very much high as I am getting charged for roaming rates. I am looking forward to buy a new SIM card, possibly Airtel would be good to use in Mumbai with its 3G service. Can you guys tell where can I get new Airtel 3G Sim Card.

Re: How to get Airtel 3g SIM Card

I think there are no different Sim cards in Airtel for 3G services. Actually 3G is only a service provided by an Airtel which can be activated on any Airtel Sim Card. No matter which plan has been activated on it. So you just need to buy any Airtel Sim Card with your choice of number and then activate the 3G service on it by calling to the Airtel Customer Care.

If you want to buy a new Airtel Sim Card then no other store would be better then an Airtel Store as you can ask whatever you want to ask about the new SIM card which you would be buying. I recommend you to ask about all the 3G settings on your new card. You must ask them to give you a new SIM card with 3G activate already so that you don't have to mess with the settings. And ask them to offer better 3G plans which might be more cheaper for you to use it with STD or ISD calls.

Airtel 3G in India was in occurrence from an April 2010 and was available by Airtel 3G in hook up with BSNL 3G and MTNL 3G. It is a fact that an Airtel has 3G importance and is providing its services in main cities like Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore, pune, Hyderabad and Kolkata. May be after sometime the Airtel 3g in India will be unmitigated to other cities as well. Airtel 3G in India will be including features such as Voice telephone, Mobile TV, video calls, wireless data transfer. In addition to this it will offer all the data services at very prominent data rates. Airtel 3G in India will embrace 14.0 MB for uploading and 5.8 MB as downloading of data.

The Airtel 3G in India is offered with an USIM card with which the customer can amble to the services of 3G on an amount of rigid miniature fee. In contrast, for all the 2G customers, there is rumor that the 3G services on Airtel will be partly accessible to them plus can be larger than before through a call to the customer care. Alternatively, the mobile phone must have the system and the settings of a 3G network. Airtel 3G in India customers can get video calls on their 2g network, provide with they maintain appropriate settings in their handsets.

Kindly provide your Idea cellular number for further assistance. You can also get in touch with our Customer care centre - details updated on Idea website. www.ideacellular.com.