Thread: Mac OS X Wireless Broadband Issue

Mac OS X Wireless Broadband Issue

I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop connected to my wireless broadband and a desktop PC which until a few days ago was connecting fine. I am trying to get my 3G/HSDPA USB modem from Virgin installed, but it doesn't seem to work. I can install on my actual real Mac no dramas, but when it comes to installing on the mini, no dice. It just doesn't seem to copy any of the program info across from the cd. The install says it has installed, but sure enough in applications folder, nothing. So, can any body tell me how do i resolve Mac OS X Wireless broadband issue? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Mac OS X Wireless Broadband Issue

The truth is wireless broadband has an image problem that no publicist can help with people expect it to work well most of the time. Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range. Broadband Internet access is available over a variety of platforms including cable modems, digital subscriber lines (DSL), wireless, satellite, powerline (BPL), fiber optics to the home (FTTH), or long reach ethernet (LRE).

Besides just uninstalling the wireless utility in Add/Remove Programs, I usually uninstall the card itself in Device Manager as well, then reboot, cancel the 'hardware found' wizard, and install the latest drivers. Connect the unconnected through universal service and fiscal policies Government officials and regulators can adopt the following policies to support broadband infrastructure. Though I've never seen that help this particular problem. Intermittent connectivity problems.

The modem works fine on its own allowing a connection to the internet via an ethernet cable directly to a machine. Under My Computer --> Properties --> Computer management, are all your network devices installed ok? ie there are no devices with a yellow question mark? However when i put the ethernet cable from the modem into the internet port on the wireless router the internet light on the router will not come on. The power light and the wireless light come on. I can connect to the router but its local access only (no internet).

Under Network Connections --> Network Devices, is the NIC enabled? The hardware works fine was far as i can see because i set it up before and my friend decided to try to change something and messed it up so i had to reset to factory default and now i cant get internet access back. Failing all this, have you considered a system restore? Try to restore back a few days prior to this and see if that resolves it.