8. You may not vote on this poll
  • MTNL

5 62.50%
  • BSNL

3 37.50%

Thread: MTNL IPTV v/s BSNL IPTV

MTNL IPTV v/s BSNL IPTV

Friendz,

I am confused with MTNL & BSNL IPTV. I just wanted figure out which one is the best from both. I want to choose anyone service asap. Please help me out guys...

IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) delivers television programming to households via a broadband connection using Internet protocols. It requires a IPTV set-top box, and offers key advantages over existing TV cable and satellite technologies. IPTV is typically bundled with other services like Video on Demand (VOD), voice over IP (VOIP) or digital phone, and Web access, collectively referred to as Triple Play.

One of the advantages of IPTV is the ability for digital video recorders (DVRs) to record multiple broadcasts at once. It will also be easier to find favorite programs by using "custom view guides." IPTV even allows for picture-in-picture viewing without the need for multiple tuners. You can watch one show, while using picture-in-picture to channel surf!

IPTV viewers will have full control over functionality such as rewind, fast-forward, pause, and so on. Using a cell phone or PDA, a subscriber might even utilize remote programming for IPTV. However, the real advantage of IPTV is that it uses Internet protocols to provide two-way communication for interactive television. One application might be in game shows in which the studio audience is asked to participate by helping a contestant choose between answers. IPTV opens the door to real-time participation from people watching at home. Another application would be the ability to turn on multiple angles of an event, such as a touchdown, and watch it from dual angles simultaneously using picture-in-picture viewing.

One can also receive Web service notifications while watching IPTV for things such as incoming email and instant messages. If you IPTV is packaged with digital phone, Caller ID might pop up on screen as your telephone rings.
    I may b a dreamer, but I'm not the only one

Re: MTNL IPTV v/s BSNL IPTV

I wonder how you can choose any one of these! If you are in Mumbai you can have MTNL IPTV, if you are from remote areas other than mumbai, you can get BSNL IPTV. I dont think both are available for users of any particular area. Because MTNL services are there only in Mumbai city and rest have BSNL.

I've used mtnl IPTV... It sucks! every 2 minutes it stops and displays a message "Please Wait" Even streamming videos that are on the internet are played with much better speed then the mtnl IPTV. i honestly suggest try BSNL...!

According to me I think MTNL is the Service available in Mumbai so it has to be good!
    Cant say much unless we know the review of both the products.

In terms of IPTV, Content Server is an important term. BSNL has their Content Server in Kolkata and this server contains all the channels, customers request, movies, music and all other suchlike things.

However, it is essential to mention that all BSNL IPTV channels require minimum of 4Mbps of bandwidth. When you talk about tariff, you can find some reasonably good rates to acquire BSNL IPTV. BSNL have introduced their services in different parts of India and looking to increase the number of cities where people are enjoying BSNL IPTV. You can go with IPTV-Basic plan that doesn’t charge you more than Rs.250 per month. However, you will have to go for extra money to acquire specific package of Video on Demand services. But, it will again be just close to perfect which makes you enable to watch your favorite videos without getting in too much of hassle. There are some packages that offer you some free video on monthly basis, so, you can always choose one of them to get a real BSNL IPTV experience.

Go for BSNL
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

No one from above is best go for private IPTV service providers like reliance, Airtel. MTNL and BSNL is not good compare to them after all it's govt company.