Thread: BSNL's Broadband DataOne Password Change Procedure

BSNL's Broadband DataOne Password Change Procedure

How do you access (get connected to) the Internet?

There are two ways to access Internet in BSNL's DataOne.

1. Dialer Option : If you give your username and password in a screen and if you are getting "Verifying username and password" screen before you browse, it means you are using a dialer option or a non-configured modem.
    2. Instant Connection: After switching on the modem, if you access Internet by just clicking the Browser (Internet Explorer), it means you are using a Pre-Configured modem where the username and password are pre-coded on the modem.

How am I to change the password for my DataOne account?
    • If you are using the Dialer Option, you have to change the password only in the site www.dataone.in ( under Dataone Account Administration) using your DataOne connection. Nowhere else you need to do anything.

• If you are using the pre-configured modem, you have to change in the site www.dataone.in. (under Dataone Account Administration) and ALSO in the ADSL Modem . To know how to change in the modem, please go through this carefully.

Re: BSNL's Broadband DataOne Password Change Procedure

How to change the password in case of Non-Pre-configured
    (Dialer Option)

1. Connect your computer to Internet through the browser by clicking the DataOne Connection Icon which was created and placed on the Desktop during the initial configuration .
    2. Invoke Internet Explorer or any other browser.
    3. Type the address www.dataone.in in the address bar. You will get the screen shown bellow:

4. Click the link “Dataone Account Administration”You will get the screen shown bellow:

5. Give your user ID and existing password and click on Login button. You will get the screen shown below:

6. Click the link "Change Password". You will get the screen shown bellow:

7. Give your old password and the new password. Confirm the new password.. Click on the "Change password" button. Wait for the message of successful completion.

HI,
    when i click on the dataone account administration link the next page is not coming up. it gives an error 403 forbidden - you dont have permission for access in this server.
    what should i do? i need to change my broad band connection login password, can any one give me a solution?

The error which you are getting means that the server understood the request, but refuses to comply. That means your authentication is refused. For that check the proper url of the site. The error comes When someone tries to open a directory that is not authorized to open such links in the back of a protected site, a 403 error is displayed, to avoid displays a blank page. Try a different browser.

i tried firefox, opera and internet explorer , every one gives the same reply as follows

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
    IBM_HTTP_Server/6.1.0.3 Apache/2.0.47 (Unix) PHP/5.2.1 Server at hosting.bsnl.in Port 80

all the three browsers give the same reply. so can any one help please?

This is because you need to change your password. For this you require a new portal id and password. You might be thinking now from where will I be getting this now? Ok, let me tell you, contact with your nearest BSNL exchange and let them know about your telephone number. Once provided the necessary details, you will be provided with the new portal id and password.

Good luck!