Thread: BSNL 3G for Linux

BSNL 3G for Linux

I have not heard about the working of the bsnl 3g in the linux operating system. so I thought may be you all must be having some knowledge about it. Well I am really very excited to know if the bsnl 3G works perfectly well with the linux operating system. so that’s why I have come here. So anyone having any depth knowledge about this particular topic then do let me know about it. I have also tried asking many of my friends about this topic but they also did not have any knowledge about it. so anyone having some information then do share it with me.

Re: BSNL 3G for Linux

Yes, it definitely works in the linux. I am sure that it will work with the linux ubuntu version. Well I am successfully able to extract the file and have readily started to work on it. following which I got the desired result. So what I want to say is that you must be needing a bsnl 3G card from which you will get the broadband connection and also the bsnl.deb file which you will get it from the bsnl data card. You will have to extract all the contents and will have to copy all the contents of the file from the drive to the system. This will be the final result. Once having done that you will have to establish a connection between the system and the data card. So do try performing all the steps that I have mentioned.

I wanted to ask this from you all. That recently mtnl has launched a card (teracom). So I am very excited to know does that works on the Linux based operating system? I have a Fedora 12 operating system and I am eager to know whether it will work on it or not. If it is then do let me know. Also one more thing that I wanted to ask with you all is that the card does runs only in the bsnl/mtnl sim card or in any other sim card. Well I am hoping that you will be able to give me some inputs on this topic. So anyone with a needful answer may reply to this. I am waiting for your response.

Yes, it does works on the fedora 12. Well you would be pleased to know that it also runs on the fedora 13 however we have not yet tried it with the fedora 14. Now regarding the second query I would like to say that mtnl and the bsnl have introduced the teracom cards only for their respective users and not anyone outside that. So do not expect any other service providers taking advantage of that card. It is only for the mtnl/bsnl service providers. So I hope you have got the necessary information here. In case you are still not able to clear out with the confusions then do let me know about it.

Well let me tell you something. That you can still operate the the data card that the bsnl or the mtnl people are offering with the different sim card. Well I have tried it personally with my tata docomo card and it is working perfectly fine. Well you may need to unlock the data card if you are trying to do so. I think you are pretty clear with the unlocking method. Well I have noticed some problem while I was using the WvDial method. So I would advice you to follow the same method that I have given you here and let me know f you are successful to do so.

noamiihawor Guest

By which method are you installing wine? Try using terminal and type "sudo apt-get install update" and then sudo apt-get install wine. wine will be installed.
    Now I have a micromax 3g modem. for using it first insert it in your usb port. then goto networkmanager applet. Right click on it and click edit connections. now goto mobile broadband and click add. then choose the settings of that data card and your plan and a network will be created. check connect automatically. no need to install software, it will run itself.