Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TATA Indicom High Speed HSIA Photon USB Modem

Re: TATA Indicom High Speed HSIA Photon USB Modem

Quote Originally Posted by om1985.7 View Post
    hi,this is om and i have been almost ripped off.i took a tata indicom photon + connection 13 (8-21 apr)days back.my credit limit for it is 1100,anything downloaded extra is 2rs/mb.(which has not been mentioned when i bought it)

i used the stupid thing only to check 5 mails and it got diconnected 2 days back.i recieved a bill of 32,965+outstanding=3,998.and when i went to complain that i haven't used it they started showing records of me downloading(16786) and uploading(1587) numerous amounts.when i kept insisting that i haven't used it they insist that i have to pay the bill,why should i pay the bill for something i haven't used?they offered to give me 7,000 discount at the least when my point is I HAVEN'T USED IT.
    I'm not 100% on the technology of Photon+, but you could find out how they record who is using the service - if there is a record of MAC addresses or device serial numbers, they would have to compare it with your device - only if it does actually match the device would you be liable for payment.

If you are sure then tell him to show all record at what time you surf and downloaded from TATA indicom photon. In that you will come know that actual downloading data with timing.

Any of these plug to surf devices have never delivered what is being promised in the TV ads. All this Hoorah is only to make one tempted for purchase, thereafter their own technical team doesent know how or install or give post installation services.

vaidy

While all of you are correct, isn;t there any agency who can stop them from advertising what they show in TV, news and other media such as periodicals. It appears that by selling these items they are recovering the cost of ads in the media.

Down Re: TATA Indicom High Speed HSIA Photon USB Modem

NEVER BUY TATA PHOTON+ i am prepaid user with scheme of unlimited at 700 rs in lko,up. according to them 1 gb at 3.5 mbps is free and after that unlimited at speed 155 kbps but i am not getting speed more then 18 kbps... it sucks man!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12