Thread: Sick of Dataone in Bangalore. What to switch to? Airtel does NOT have a Port..

Sick of Dataone in Bangalore. What to switch to? Airtel does NOT have a Port..

Hi,

I'm using the BSNL Dataone 512 UL plan, and I am pissed off with it. Their contention ratios and routers are so badly messed up that my normal browsing feels like a 64 kb line, not a 512 kb. Downloading is fine, I get 60 KBytes, but that is only because the speed ramps up once the connection is established. It just takes an awfully long time to get to the damn site.

Yes, I am using OpenDNS, so my DNS server isn't the issue. If you try doing a tracert (traceroute on Linux) to any site like slashdot.org or whatever, you'll see how slow BSNL's routers are.

So I want to switch. I can't get Airtel, cause they don't have a "port" in my area. I'm not in the back of beyond.. I'm in the middle of Indiranagar, but of course Airtel thinks that's like the moon..

I'm considering You Tele and Tata Indicom. Anyone got any comments on the service? I'm looking specifically at fast browsing.. Youtube and the like. If my sites open fast, that's good. I don't want great download speeds but slow browsing speeds.

Please let me know

I am using Reliance WiMAX in Mumbai. And i getting nice speed on Reliance WiMAX. They are charging Rs.500 installation charge only. Unlimited plan also available. I think in Bangalore also this plan available.

BSNL broadband speed is very slow they never provide proper speed.