Thread: Idea launched NetSetter USB

Idea launched NetSetter USB

Idea Cellular has launched the new Net Setter EG612 USB Modem (usable with both desktops & Laptops) with data, & SMS facility. It is a conveniently slim & stylish solution for internet access on the move. USB modem is a dedicated data access (GPRS) device to be used with desktops / laptops for wireless internet (GPRS) access.

Idea Net Setter is a terminal available for high-speed wireless network access, with which the users can access the Internet in the wireless way at home, office, outdoor sites and so on.

The Idea Net Setter supports the following standards:

Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) ]

• Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM)
    • General Packet Radio Service (GPRS)
    • Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution (EDGE)

The Idea Net Setter supports the following services:

• Data service
    • Short message service (SMS)

The EDGE peak rate and effective peak rate are 247kbit/s and 236.8 kbit/s respectively; the GPRS peak rate is 85.6 kbit/s.The IDEA Net Setter is connected to a portable computer or PC by a USB interface. In the service area of the EDGE/GPRS/GSM network, user can wirelessly surf the Internet, send/receive messages and emails. With the high speed, reliable performance, and easy operation of the IDEA Net Setter, the users can enjoy much more in experiencing the wireless network.

The product is priced at Rs. 2490/- MRP (incl of taxes)

Features

• GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850 MHz/900 MHz/1800 MHz/1900 MHz
    • Global roaming
    • GRPS/EDGE Class1~Class12
    • Data and SMS capabilities.
    • SMS services (group sending and editing the extra-long messages)
    • Plug & Play function, Zero CD installation
    • SIM-lock function

Is Idea NetSetter USB realy gives speed of 247 kbps ......
    Idea Netsetter info i never saw in news paper and TV. Thanks amol for posting information.

TATA Indicom High Speed HSIA Photon USB Modem realy gives 256 kbps speed it's on 3G technology and only for Chennai. It's not plug 2 surf.

110 kbps is also good speed compare to reliance Usb modem it give 50 to 60 kbps speed

Idea having Network problem in Mumbai ? How they will provide speed on NetSetter USB ....I think you not checked netsetter speed while purchasing. Thats your mistake.
    In mumbai i am getting minimum 120 kbps speed on idea netconnect.

All people check the product before purchasing. what about you ?

Idea NetSetter USB speed is 156 kbps. Only TATA Indicom High Speed HSIA Photon USB Modem gives 256 kbps speed. But this is only available in Chennai.

Idea rocks

Who says idea gives speeed of 156 kbps only??? that is crap. Are you using the modem? I am a user of the modem and infact it very well and consistently gives speeds of 236 kbps and above.

I am here only to know if someone knows how to do portforwarding on the huawei USB modem that idea is giving out.

If yes then please post your replies here. No marketing about tata or airtel or any other damn company.

Re: Idea launched NetSetter USB

Can someone from Mumbai pls post thier experience with Idea USB Internet... does it slow down during morning or late nights?
    Does it give constant speed?
    Do you get disconnected frequently due to network ?

I have heard Idea is the best in Mobile Networking so far. ....

[[[... I have used Pacenet but its HORRIBBLLEE... do not ever trust Pacenet. ]]]
    Last edited by ISPReviews; 31-10-2008 at 09:19 PM.

I don't know in Mumbai Idea NetSetter USB is available or not. They just launched mobile service in Mumbai. I don't have any idea about Idea NetSetter USB. But in Maharashtra it's working Nice my friend using that i also use his Idea USB modem it's give cool speed 200 kbps.

Idea launched NetSetter USB

Quote Originally Posted by Amol21 View Post
    I don't know in Mumbai Idea NetSetter USB is available or not. They just launched mobile service in Mumbai. I don't have any idea about Idea NetSetter USB. But in Maharashtra it's working Nice my friend using that i also use his Idea USB modem it's give cool speed 200 kbps.
    They are available in mumbai also my friend is using this in jogeshwari with no fault.

I have seen and tested IDEA NETSETTER USB.. its Very SLow --> Malad West Mumbai Area

IF you ever want to see how reliable is a connection and the speed of any ISP Try to open www.GoDaddy.com and check how much time it takes to load.

I was told by the lady at the IDEA showroom that on paper the speed is 256kbps but in real they provide maximum 110kbps that too depending on network tower and conditions in YOUR area. So if it is working fine in the IDEA STORE... that does NOT mean it will work fine at YOUR RESIDENCE or OFFICE. and people who stay on 1-2-3rd floor, just be careful, coz. if there are long towers and buildings nearby then you will regret getting no proper speed.
    Last edited by ISPReviews; 02-11-2008 at 11:14 AM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
    Is Idea NetSetter USB realy gives speed of 247 kbps ......

Jhoote Makkar saale

teri wajah se maine yeh product kharida n im having downloading speed is
    only 5kbps

I'll defenatly complant on it in court

how can i buy one ?

once i unlock the code , how can i insert an airtel sim and use the service of airtel internet.
    anyone pls tell me what are the procedures to b followed once i unlock it

3G NetSetter is launched at an aggressive price point of Rs.1999/- (MRP)

Salient Features of 3G NetSetter
    Speed - 3G NetSetter support speed of up to 3.6Mbps on HSDPA network and is backward compatible on our current EDGE/GPRS Network. On the current 2G environment subscribers will continue to experience EDGE speeds of up to 236.8 Kbps.

SIM Lock - 3G NetSetter is being launched with a unique SIM Lock functionality wherein the first SIM inserted in the device will be locked with the particular NetSetter device, this will help us address current issues like subscribers not using bundled SIMs and using SIM cards with mobile GPRS plan etc.

USSD Support - 3G NetSetter will enable Pre-paid subscribers to check pre-paid balance though one click USSD option instead of the current SMS mode .

Operating System - 3G NetSetter support all existing and new operating systems like Windows 7, Mac and Linux (limited versions)

Other Features:-
    · Size: 71.5×26×11mm
    · HSUPA/HSDPA/UMTS 2100MHz
    · EDGE/GPRS/GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz;
    · HSDPA 3.6M
    · Data / SMS / USSD support
    · Invoke browser option
    · Rx Diversity (Optional)
    · Improved design
    · Compatible with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, Mac, and Linux OS (limited versions)
    · Micro SD Card Slot
    · 2 years warranty
    Idea Cellular has launched the new Net Setter EG612 USB Modem (usable with both desktops & Laptops) with data, & SMS facility. It is a conveniently slim & stylish solution for internet access on the move. USB modem is a dedicated data access (GPRS) device to be used with desktops / laptops for wireless internet (GPRS) access.

Idea Net Setter is a terminal available for high-speed wireless network access, with which the users can access the Internet in the wireless way at home, office, outdoor sites and so on.

The Idea Net Setter supports the following standards:

Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM)

Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM)
    General Packet Radio Service (GPRS)
    Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution (EDGE)
    The Idea Net Setter supports the following services:

Data service
    Short message service (SMS)
    The EDGE peak rate and effective peak rate are 247kbit/s and 236.8 kbit/s respectively; the GPRS peak rate is 85.6 kbit/s.The IDEA Net Setter is connected to a portable computer or PC by a USB interface. In the service area of the EDGE/GPRS/GSM network, user can wirelessly surf the Internet, send/receive messages and emails. With the high speed, reliable performance, and easy operation of the IDEA Net Setter, the users can enjoy much more in experiencing the wireless network.

The product is priced at Rs. 2490/- MRP (incl of taxes)
    Features

GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850 MHz/900 MHz/1800 MHz/1900 MHz
    Global roaming
    GRPS/EDGE Class1~Class12
    Data and SMS capabilities.
    SMS services (group sending and editing the extra-long messages)
    Plug & Play function, Zero CD installation
    SIM-lock function

lock :I think you know the meaning of locked dongles. That means that dongles locked for using one career which you bought the modem.SIM Lock -Idea E1550 ver11.608.14.00.356 3G NetSetter is being launched with a unique SIM Lock functionality where in the first SIM inserted in the device will be locked with the particular NetSetter device,this will help idea mobile to address current issues like subscribers not using bundled SIMs and using SIM cards with GPRS plan for mobile phone etc.

we have the solution.....
    contact us more details............ free advise......................................
    intelsoftcomputers gmail.com or our engineer section
    asadniranjan gmail.com

unsure Re: Idea launched NetSetter USB

Hi,
    PLEASE HELP…I purchased Idea Net setter E1550 on October 2010. I just hated the product because of the speed and the costly offers. Then the next month I unlocked my Net setter successfully by myself. After that I was very happy with the product and I continued using it with Aircel sim with low cost GPRS plans. Everything was working fine until March 2011. Then on April suddenly my net setter stopped connecting to internet. That is Mobile Partner connects to the internet and shows the status of “Data Connection Established”. But on my Windows 7 it shows Internet not connected and shows a caution symbol on the Network notification area in the taskbar. I reinstalled Windows 7 on my computer several times and tried but again the same I got. I even locked the Net setter and unlocked it again, and update the firmware also, but all in vain. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP.