Thread: SCV set-top box cost?

SCV set-top box cost?

Can any one tell me what is the cost of SCV set top box? I also want to know the information abut svc set to box. Is SCV set top box good in performance are there any signal complaint? Please give your suggestion guys.....

Re: SCV set-top box cost?

The SCV offers a bunch of 32 pay channels for Rs.185, and inclusive of free-to-air channels, the total number of channels comes to 107. Its 499/- for the STB + Rs. 499/- for the card and installation. Totally it comes to Rs.1000/-. You can select channels of your choice and it seems that it would cost Rs.5/per channel.

Direct-to-home service provider Tata Sky has announced a 50% reduction in hardware price (set-top-box) to Rs 1,499 as compared with earlier pricing of Rs. 2,999. A set-top box (STB) or set-top unit (STU) is a device that connects to a television and an external source of signal, turning the signal into content which is then displayed on the television screen. Recently, the company has added newly-launched channels to its existing bouquet.

Due to competition between Hathway and SCV, Hathway has already started distribution of set-top boxes in areas under its control, SCV set box cost : Cable rent: Rs.100 (U ll get all the Free to air channels)For pay channels : each channel cost Rs.5. So, for example, if u select to watch 30 channels. 30 * 5 = Rs.150. So, totally you will pay 100 + 150 = Rs.250.

You need to select a base package which starts from Rs 25 to get 50 digital quality FTA channels, DTH they are offering for 999 and digital cable TV for 499/and after that what ever channels you are choosing will be at Rs. 5/ Channel exclusive of tax.

Go for SCV... Its cheap... Dish tv is not good... I must say DISH TV is the worst service provider in DTH with ridiculous customer service. Dish TV is far from being a category leader especially when it comes to leading communication platforms.

What is the legal issue regarding Set top box and DTH interoperability?

Well I let you know that there is difference between the technology which has been used by the different operator will be the barrier for the DTH interoperability. I mean older operator like DISH TV and TATA Sky are using the MPEG-2 technology and the new comers are using the MPEG-4 technology. So I think the interoperability did not seems to be possible so far. However we can expect above mentioned thing within couple of months. There is an option to get the interoperability but it seems to be quite expensive option to get. You need to have a software and CAM which will cost around Rs1500.

Instead of going for SCV set-top box go for Dish TV, because now-a-days SCV is not giving good services it has the worst STB, and the remote control is also not very user friendly and above all that they are increasing there package price everyday. The worst is that you wont get the multi-language support option in this set top box and also no program guide, one of my friend was using it from past 1 and a half years and he observed this and now he got himself the Dish tv and is now a bit relaxed with all the hassles.

There is no changes in the price of box. As mentioned above Rs.1500 the price is still the same. What I can provide you here is the list of channels that are provided in each package. Sun TV offer following Packages :
    • SCV Platinum - Rs.160.50 Per Month
    • SCV Diamond - Rs.149.80 per month
    • SCV Sapphire - Rs.133.75 Per Month
    • SCV Mercury - Rs.123.5 per month
    • SCV Platinum Plus - Rs.385.20 Per Month
    • SCV H10 - Rs.53.50 Per Month
    • SCV Desi - Rs.53.50 Per Month