| || |
Join Date: Aug 2008
MTNL has launched broadband services under Brand name Tri Band. Broadband Internet Service - An ‘always-on’ data connection that is able to support interactive services including Internet access and has the capability of the minimum download speed of 256 kilo bits per second (kbps) to an individual subscriber from the Point of Presence (POP) of the service provider intending to provide Broadband Internet service where multiple such individual Broadband connections are aggregated and the subscriber is able to access these interactive services including the Internet through this POP.
MTNL Triband (broadband) service is being provided through the deployment of ADSL 2+ technology, a type of digital subscriber line(DSL). All Payments / Billing for the service will be included in the regular MTNL Telephone Bill.
MTNL Triband service is being provided on the existing copper infrastructure, initially Broadband Internet Service, other services such as VPN, multicasting, video conferencing, video-on-demand and broadcast application shall also be added in future. Feature
- High speed data download for Broadband Internet data speed starts from 256 kbps to 2 Mbps
- Simultaneous availability of Phone and Internet on the existing Telephone line ”Always on Internet”.
- No call charges for Internet access.
- ‘High on Value Low on Cost’ Service
- Telephone will continue to work even in case of power failure at subscribers end.
- ‘Use now and pay later’ in telephone bill. It provides a means to bill based on Volume of data downloaded.
- Can share Broadband connection to create own LAN network i.e. more than one PC can be connected.