Thread: Speed up your internet by 20%

Speed up your internet by 20%

You can Speed up your internet by 20% by following steps :

If you use Windows XP Professional then it is possible to squeeze an extra 20% out of your internet connection. By default Windows XP Pro holds back 20% of your Internet speed for various services like windows update and spyware checks.

Click Start -> Run -> and type "gpedit.msc" (without quotes)

This opens the group policy editor. Then go to:

Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration

Administrative Templates -> Network -> QOS Packet Scheduler -> Limit Reservable Bandwidth.

Double click on Limit Reservable bandwidth. It will say it is not configured, but the truth is under the 'Explain' tab i.e."By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default."
    So the trick is to ENABLE reservable bandwidth, then set it to ZERO. This will allow the system to reserve nothing, rather than the default 20%.It works on Win 2000 as well.

Dinsh it's work now my surfing speed increase ....not much but good.

I found some more information from internet about increase the speed. Here is short cut steps.

1. Go to Start-> Run-> and type gpedit.msc
    2. Expand the Administrative Templates branch
    3. Expand the Network tab
    4. Highlight QoS Packet Scheduler
    5. Click on Limit Reservable Bandwidth and check the enabled box
    6. Then Change the Bandwidth limit % to 0 %

done this click apply and restart your PC. After rebooting you should see a noticeable improvement in your net speed.

Re: Enhance Internet speed by 20%

Setting placed in your windows registry named the Maximum Transfer Unit (MTU)determines the size of the packets of data sent between your and your server.how ever in Windows 95, this setting is has a value of 1,500 bytes when the actual size of internet packets is 1,000 bytes. This can sometimes slow things down. to avoid this use the trick below

*In the registry editor (Start > Run > regedit.exe), navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Class\NetTrans.

*In the NetTrans folder you should find another folder named "000x" in which x represents a fourth digit.
    *Right-click on the "000x" folder and select New and StringValue. Rename the item that appears in the panel on the right side to MaxMTU.
    *double-click it to bring up the Edit String box and give it a value of 1002.

Re: Enhance Internet speed by 20%

to increase the internet speed of your modem i know some software which will obviously increase the speed..that you become a fan this software
    so i mean to introduce
    *SpeedConnect Internet Accelerator v.7.5
    *Modem booster