Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reliance USB Huawei EC325 CDMA data modem installation

Reliance USB Huawei EC325 CDMA data modem installation

I am face problem with Reliance USB Huawei EC325 CDMA data modem installation. After searching i got the solution i hope it will help to those friends which are using Reliance USB Huawei EC325 CDMA.

Following are the Steps

This is for those lucky ones with the oldWinXP

1. Install the Reliance Netconnect software from the CD.

2. If the Huawei Connect software does not recognize the Data card, go to Device Manager.
    Vista will assign multiple ‘data interface’ devices under the ‘Other devices’ category for the data card.
    Right click the device, select ‘Update Driver Software…” and browse to Reliance CD. Make sure ‘Include Subfolders’ is checked.
    Repeat for all other ‘data interface’ devices. Vista should indicate the successful installation of the following devices:
    - HUAWEI Mobile Connect – 3G Modem
    - HUAWEI Mobile Connect – 3G Application Interface

3. Shutdown and re-start the laptop. Restart the Huawei connect software and Connect.
    If you get a "Connection Failed: Please check the wireless device or the Settings of the Network connection" , you will need to setup a DUN manually:
    - Click ‘Start’ and ‘Connect To’
    - Click on ‘Set up a connection or network’
    - Select ‘Set up a dial-up connection’ and click Next
    - Select the data card modem.You will be prompted to choose between Huawei Modem and Huawei Data/Fax -- Select Huawei Modem
    - Enter #777 into the dial-up phone number field
    - Enter username and password and enter ‘Reliance’ or something similar as the connection name
    - Click Connect

4. Once this is done, you should call up *228 from ur datacard using the dialer. Don’t forget to plug in the headphones provided with the modem into the datacard.

5. Listen carefully, follow instructions… provide the MDN no./scratchcard no. when asked.

If all goes well, you will get an sms in the next whoknowswhen(some say.. 15min.. some 3days! take it to be 45 min...). The sms has ur password.

Vista guyz, u need to first download their Vista driver.

Just upgraded to Windows Vista and installed the software from the CD provided. Software executes fine but doesn’t connect. Throws an error to check Wireless settings.

There is a simple solution to connect to internet using EC325

Follow these steps.

1. Start Control panel.
    2. Connect to settings.
    3. New Connection.
    4. New Dail up connection >> Select EC 325 Modem.
    5. Enter Reliance connection string to connect to, and Enter your Mobile number. For password.
    6. Click Daily and you are done.

Thanks for information otherwise reliance customer care also not help proprerly.

Can it use on Mac ?

my iMac (OS X 10.4.5) does NOT use it , right ?

I connected the Modem both before booting the iMac and aldo while the iMac was switched ON, but nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by lauraye0811 View Post
    my iMac (OS X 10.4.5) does NOT use it , right ?

I connected the Modem both before booting the iMac and aldo while the iMac was switched ON, but nothing happens.
    Did you install the driver for it?

yes...so I think if is the modem just support the Windows XP /2000 / Vista

And I have a question, How can i change the PDF doc. to word ? Can you teach me ?

Quote Originally Posted by lauraye0811 View Post
    And I have a question, How can i change the PDF doc. to word ? Can you teach me ?
    You can create another question if you have but please dont hijack another thread. And to convert the pdf doc to word see this tips: Various Methods of Editing PDF Files without using Acrobat

ok .Thank you so much for your kindly advise !

idea Re: Reliance USB Huawei EC325 CDMA data modem installation

Friends,

I've finally got my Reliance NetConnect 3g working on my laptop. For those of you on the background - I had an issue with the USB modem not being "detected" on completion of the installation.

Symptoms -
    This issue is known to occur when the USB storage devices are disabled in certain laptops due to company policies, or by restrictive software. Even though, they are enabled manually by editing the registry, this issue about not detecting the modem persists!
    So, Only the USB storage part of the NetConnect modem is detected; and not as a USB modem.

Solution -
    1. Plugin the Reliance NetConnect Modem and allow it to be detected as a USB storage device.
    2. Complete the installation with the CD or through the software provided in the USB storage. Ensure that you dont have any other USB storage devices connected. If so, remove them now.
    3. Now if the 3G-modem is not detected, then read on...
    4. Open DeviceManager (MyComputer-->Properties-->Hardware-->Device Manager)
    5. Expand the branch Universal Serial Bus controllers. You will see USB Mass Storage Device.
    6. Right-click on the device and choose Uninstall and confirm the message by choosing OK. The device will then be uninstalled.
    7. Now click on Menu: Action-->Scan for Hardware changes. The modem and the storage should now be detected!

Verification -
    Once completed, you can start the Reliance NetConnect software and then you should see the Signal on the left-bottom corner on the main-screen.

Tested Configuration -
    HP Compaq Core2 Laptop running WinXp SP3

Let me know if this sorted out your issue, so that this can be useful for other folks.

Thanks,
    Prakash

Re: Reliance USB Huawei EC325 CDMA data modem installation

Hi,
    Whenever I uninstall the USB storage it again appears after I do scan hardware changes

When youfollow this steps you cannot install a USB storage device on the computer. To assign a user or group Deny permissions to the Usbstor.pnf and Usbstor.inf files, follow these steps:

• Start Windows Explorer, and then locate the %SystemRoot%\Inf folder.
    • Right-click the Usbstor.pnf file, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • In the Group or user names list, click the user or group that you want to set Deny permissions for.
    • In the Permissions for UserName or GroupName list, click to select the Deny check box next to Full Control, and then click OK.

Note Also add the System account to the Deny list.
    • Right-click the Usbstor.inf file, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • In the Group or user names list, click the user or group that you want to set Deny permissions for.
    • In the Permissions for UserName or GroupName list, click to select the Deny check box next to Full Control, and then click OK.

Is there any way I can use Reliance Huwaei EC 325 data card with windows 7? Is there any driver that I need? It is unable to detect the device on my new Acer 5738G with windows 7.

oliviasmith Guest

Hey thanks for your information. this info is very helpful for me. thanks for sharing this...

Hello Guys,

I wanted to share this information about making Reliance Huawei 325 work with Windows 7 64 bit OS.

I could not locate the driver for 325 to work with Windows 7 64 bit. Then I thought of trying Tata Photon+ in Windows 7. My friend had EC1260C model. I just plugged it and the drivers were automatically installed from the device itself. I installed the dialer that is in-built in the device and I was able to successfully connect using EC1260C Tata Photon+.

Just when I was thinking I should buy EC1260C device, I plugged back my Huawei 325 device...for my surprise, it got automatically detected because EC1260C had already installed the necessary drivers.

To confirm the same, go to device manager and you will see HUAWEI Mobile Connect – 3G Modem under Modem.

Next, I installed Reliance mobile connect software for EC325. Now it detects and initializes EC325 device. However, when I click on Connect, it fails with the error "Connection Failed. Please check the device or network connection settings". Then, I had to follow the steps mentioned in the beginning of this post to make the device to connect to internet.

Thanks,
    Chandru

Hello friends,

I just followed what chandru has written and now using Reliance Huawei 325 without any problem in Windows 7 64 bit OS for net connection.

Actually driver of Huawei 325 was already installed. Today one representative of Tata Photon+ had come to our office to show the demo of Tata Photon+. He had EC1260 model about which chandru also has written in his message. While showing the demo of Huawei EC1260, he installed the driver of Huawei EC1260 also. After completion of the demo, representative did not uninstall the driver of Huawei EC1260. After that when the representative left our office, I just tried my old Reliance Huawei 325 and found that the same has been working without any problem.

Now friends, you may also install driver of Huawei EC1260 which Tata Photon+ is giving along with their datacard and can use Reliance Huawei 325 in Window 7 64 bit OS.

Special thanks to chandru for writing his experience in this forum.

M. R. Singhal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast