I am face problem with Reliance USB Huawei EC325 CDMA data modem installation. After searching i got the solution i hope it will help to those friends which are using Reliance USB Huawei EC325 CDMA.
Following are the Steps
This is for those lucky ones with the oldWinXP
1. Install the Reliance Netconnect software from the CD.
2. If the Huawei Connect software does not recognize the Data card, go to Device Manager.
Vista will assign multiple ‘data interface’ devices under the ‘Other devices’ category for the data card.
Right click the device, select ‘Update Driver Software…” and browse to Reliance CD. Make sure ‘Include Subfolders’ is checked.
Repeat for all other ‘data interface’ devices. Vista should indicate the successful installation of the following devices:
- HUAWEI Mobile Connect – 3G Modem
- HUAWEI Mobile Connect – 3G Application Interface
3. Shutdown and re-start the laptop. Restart the Huawei connect software and Connect.
If you get a "Connection Failed: Please check the wireless device or the Settings of the Network connection" , you will need to setup a DUN manually:
- Click ‘Start’ and ‘Connect To’
- Click on ‘Set up a connection or network’
- Select ‘Set up a dial-up connection’ and click Next
- Select the data card modem.You will be prompted to choose between Huawei Modem and Huawei Data/Fax -- Select Huawei Modem
- Enter #777 into the dial-up phone number field
- Enter username and password and enter ‘Reliance’ or something similar as the connection name
- Click Connect
4. Once this is done, you should call up *228 from ur datacard using the dialer. Don’t forget to plug in the headphones provided with the modem into the datacard.
5. Listen carefully, follow instructions… provide the MDN no./scratchcard no. when asked.
If all goes well, you will get an sms in the next whoknowswhen(some say.. 15min.. some 3days! take it to be 45 min...). The sms has ur password.
Vista guyz, u need to first download their Vista driver.
Just upgraded to Windows Vista and installed the software from the CD provided. Software executes fine but doesn’t connect. Throws an error to check Wireless settings.
There is a simple solution to connect to internet using EC325
Follow these steps.
1. Start Control panel.
2. Connect to settings.
3. New Connection.
4. New Dail up connection >> Select EC 325 Modem.
5. Enter Reliance connection string to connect to, and Enter your Mobile number. For password.
6. Click Daily and you are done.