Thread: How to increase cpu speed

How to increase cpu speed

Hi,

I have system with pentium 3 with .8 processor, 40gb hardisk , 512 RAM and windows xp installed ,
    Can anybody tell me how to increase computer speed by settings in xp?

Display would be a start, go to control panel (Category View) > Performance and Maintenance > Adjust visual effects. Then click on Adjust for best performance option and then click Apply and Ok.

Defrag

Defrag wont do anything for speed but it is recommended. You should disable any unused services by typing services.msc into the run command and then right click the service and press properties and change it to disabled. Make sure you do your research before disabling services though. Do not disable needed services. You can also disable startup programs to increase startup time by going to the run command and typing msconfig. Then go to the startup tab and then uncheck anything that you dont want to start. Make sure you leave any program or file checked that has to do with your printer, video card, controller, or similar.

pc100 ram is cheap, hit up ebay $10-$15 tops, you will thank yourself

Yeah my moms boyfriend gave me his whole old gateway setup that has a 900mhz processor and 64mb of ram. LOL Im gonna upgrade it for the fun of it and try to run xp on it. It takes pc 100 ram so its cheap.

Defrag wont do anything for speed but it is recommended. You should disable any unused services by typing services.msc into the run command and then right click the service and press properties and change it to disabled. Make sure you do your research before disabling services though. Do not disable needed services. You can also disable startup programs to increase startup time by going to the run command and typing msconfig. Then go to the startup tab and then uncheck anything that you dont want to start. Make sure you leave any program or file checked that has to do with your printer, video card, controller, or similar.
    How i will know which program is used by the system and which is not.