Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-05-2008

Cannot copy files to Micro SD card

Hi,

While I was trying to move some files from c drive to a micro sd , i got the error "The volume for a file has been externally altered such that the opened file is no longer valid".Then I tried moving the files to flash drive and again I got the same error.

I have Vista as my OP, I tried removing all temporary content of the browser but still problem is the same.

Please Help!
Old 13-05-2008

Try deleting filter drivers. And check if drivers for SD card are there or not.
Old 13-05-2008

The suggestion of deleting filter drivers i'm assuming is only relevant to the case for the CD/DVD drive? But should I try that anyway?

Thanks for your reply
Old 13-05-2008

Seems like some permission problem.
Old 18-04-2010

Re: Cannot copy files to Micro SD card

Hi, I am unable to copy data to Kingston SD card from laptop using adaptor. Error is "Cannot copy the disck is write-protected". But I can copy files from the card to laptop. Please help.
Old 19-04-2010
JoshuaGaler

Re: Cannot copy files to Micro SD card

Well "princerose" the error that you got is of permission error. The administrator has privileged the rights then you can't alter it. Or there is some error with your data card reader. I got a same error but after changing the card reader the problem was solved.

Beatnik removing temporary files and I don't agree that deleting filter drives will change any thing. I suggest you to check your portable with some good application. And try to format you HDD

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: ,