Thread: Graphic card upgrade for Asus Z71v

Graphic card upgrade for Asus Z71v

Hi,
    I want to upgrade gpu in my Asus Z71v notebook. I have purchase this machine some time before. Now before upgrading it I need the system specification of this laptop. It has came with a 128Mb GPU. I want to increase it more to play a high end graphic games. Because from last week it giving trouble. Like my games loads up slowly and flickers in middle. Some games works extremely slow and lags in between. So this can be a Graphic Card problem I have a 2 GB of RAM which I think is enough. The laptop runs on Windows XP. Any suggestions really appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Re: Graphic card upgrade for Asus Z71v

You laptop has Pentium M 750 Processor which has a clock speed of 1.86 Ghz. It comes with 1 gigs of RAM and 80 GB har drive. The card is a laptop gpu of Nvidia Geforce Go 6 series. Your one would be Nvidia GeForce Go 6600 graphics card with 128 MB VRAM. The laptop is designed to play high graphic games. It is best for multimedia work. As the model has become old so it is possible that newer version of games will give you problem. I will advice you to first update your Nvidia drivers and firmware. They are available for free on the official site. Then playback those game. You can see the site for relevant upgrade also.

The notebook is great for gaming, surfing, presentations, etc. It is fully functional multimedia computer. I will recommend you to add up more RAM and update new drivers. A new graphic card upgrade will cost you much. Nvidia and ATI offers more gpu upgrade for notebooks. As you model supports a 6 series cards of Nvidia then you must look relevant to that.

You can add up a Nvidia GeForce Go 6800 series card on your notebook. For this you will have to buy the card from Nvidia and hire a technician to add up on your notebook. It supports all latest games and many new features like CineFX 3.0 Shading Architecture, 64-Bit Texture Filtering and Blending, Intellisample 3.0, UltraShadow II, PureVideo, etc. It has dedicated on board chip for rendering video to make your screen performance much higher.

Hello i also want to buy a new card for the same laptop but i didnt understand where to find one. if you know plos let me know. thnks

Graphic card upgrade for Asus Z71v

First you need to check which one hardware components is occurrign the issue, it can be done with the help of some third party tools then find out the exactly what is the problem going on and then add whatever device it requires to add or remove or any configuration is needed.......

Thanks...