Thread: Building an ultra-small form factor PC

Exclamation Building an ultra-small form factor PC

Hi.

I saw an ad in the papers yesterday for an HP dc7800 or something - an ultra small form factor PC which seemed to be an interesting concept: it's a small unit comparable to a Mac mini (a bit bigger though) that comes with a monitor with a docking mechanism behind, so the unit can fit behind the monitor just like an iMac!

However, this dc7800 is kinda expensive (44k+ for machine only) and also its a business series desktop so i dont think i can go and buy it individually.

I loved the concept of having a small form factor pc attached to the rear of the monitor - it's as close to getting an iMac as possible.

so my questions are...

1. is there any other brand offering up a small form factor PC (machine only) that can be fitted (with minimal mods) on to the rear of a 19" LCD or whatever?

2. Is it possible to BUILD a small machine like this - get a really small mobo, a small cabinet, etc etc? Are all the components available here?

3. Why does this forum not have a search feature?

Hope you guys can answer at least some of these questions ..

Re: Building an ultra-small form factor PC

Forget Hp, you have other options now. You can either build yr own and customise or take a fully readymade one. Check www.panache.co.in
    They have all options. full pc, micro, mini, only cabinet etc etc.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by vistachio View Post
    Hi.

I saw an ad in the papers yesterday for an HP dc7800 or something - an ultra small form factor PC which seemed to be an interesting concept: it's a small unit comparable to a Mac mini (a bit bigger though) that comes with a monitor with a docking mechanism behind, so the unit can fit behind the monitor just like an iMac!

However, this dc7800 is kinda expensive (44k+ for machine only) and also its a business series desktop so i dont think i can go and buy it individually.

I loved the concept of having a small form factor pc attached to the rear of the monitor - it's as close to getting an iMac as possible.

so my questions are...

1. is there any other brand offering up a small form factor PC (machine only) that can be fitted (with minimal mods) on to the rear of a 19" LCD or whatever?

2. Is it possible to BUILD a small machine like this - get a really small mobo, a small cabinet, etc etc? Are all the components available here?

3. Why does this forum not have a search feature?

Hope you guys can answer at least some of these questions ..