Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface and VPN Client

Hardware Peripherals

Old 14-01-2008

Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface and VPN Client

I have tried for several months to connect through Cisco VPN client to my workplace. With VISTA and my HP computer, I notice a yellow triangle next to the Terredo Tunnelling Pseudo- Interface Network Adapter and get the following message:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

Could this be why I am having a problem? I have tried connecting with all firewalls and no antivirus protection, but still am having no luck.

Any help would be appreciated. This has been such a frustration! I drive over 80 miles to work each day and need to telecommute as much as possible.

Thanks for any replies.

Old 15-01-2008

Hope this could help:

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1073052491
Old 15-01-2008

Thank you so much for thh reply. I will study the forum thread and give this solution a shot. Surely do hope it works.

Thanks!
Old 05-07-2008

"Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface" + CODE 10

I had the above issue (hardly a problem per se), an annoyance rather.

Platform: Vista x64 SP1 upto date (Jun 2008)

Problem: In Device Manager, a yellow explanation mark appears beside "Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface". Opening the driver shows that "The device cannot start" with error code 10.

Solution:
1. Open command prompt with administrator credentials (Find CMD and right-click - Run as Administrator).
2. Enter netsh environment. Type "netsh" and ENTER.
3. "int teredo" and ENTER
4. "set state disabled" and ENTER.
5. Open Device Manager and uninstall "Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface".
6. Open command prompt with administrator credentials once again.
7. netsh + ENTER.
8. "int ipv6" + ENTER
9. "set teredo client" + ENTER
10. Open Device Manager and Scan for new hardware.
11. Select "Show hidden devices" from the View menu. You will now see that it is present without errors with any luck.

Sources:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net...v6/teredo.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net...v6_teredo.mspx
Old 25-01-2009

Re: Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface and VPN Client

I had the same problem where it wouldn't start, I have no idea what I just did or even what tereno user interface does but when I followed the instructions, it worked again. Thank you.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,