Thread: Wireless RT73 instalation problem on XP

Wireless RT73 instalation problem on XP

Hi,

I bought a wireless card (USB) edimax ew-7318USg (I chose this model because it has exit for externall antenna). It's simply based on rt73 chipset and as they provide in box it should work with ralink drivers.
    However, I tried to install the card as it was mentioned in manual. It didn't work - the card was undetected. When drivers where already installed and when I was plugging the card in the right moment -nothing happend. For a while there was an icon that means new hardware plugged to usb port, but after few seconds there was message that the new hardware is not working correctly. Also this ralink icon was black all the time signalling "Card not exist".
    I tried to play with device manager (the drivers are giving fault 10 - which means i should reinstall them).
    Other problem is that when I was plugging the card without installation of the drivers it didn't appear in device manager!!
    I think there is some problem in communication between card and drivers - they can't find each other.
    I tried on the other computer lately but it seems it's not working also.
    After few hours of playing with this I decided to reinstall whole system, cause i thought it may be the reason I have to many externall devices installed in my laptop and maybe there are some hidden conflicts.
    Reinstallation didn't help.
    I downloaded the newest drivers and try once more. It's still not working. Please help me.... Is that possible that this card is broken??

Is it under warranty, if so then change it.

yes it is, the problem is I'm working abroad, If I would be there of course I would have change it without asking at forum

well in that case you are jacked. sorry