Thread: Soundcard compatibility problems

darthcoder Guest

Soundcard compatibility problems

Hello Every1,
    I am getting a 5.1 sound system from US,and for that i intend to get the Creative Audigy 2 ZS from there too.My problem is that i doubt
    whether my system can handle the pressure of a soundcard.
    My specs are:
    P3 866 MHz
    128 MB RAM
    One more problem that i have is that my motherboard is Intel 815EEP,i want to know whether i can fit my soundcard into one of the slots(i
    doubt whether my motherboard has an external slot in which i can fit the
    card,anyone have an idea?I guess i have all the slots/ports empty till now).
    Any help would be appreciated,thanx .

There shouldnt be any probs fitting in the card as all soundcards are now PCI based .................... plus the ZS is 7.1 ... so it may be better of 2 get a 6.1 channel system or higher. U might also want to look into the output cable connections, since creative goes against 4 stereo output lines ( I think the ZS was mainly built for the Inspire 7700 7.1)
    Heaven on Earth

darthcoder Guest
    Hey i am planning o go for a 5.1 system,will that be a problem? and i dunno how many slots my motherboard has,i have my grafix card installed in one of the slots(my motherboard is 815EEP).Will i have any problems if i go for a 5.1 system with an audigy zs?Please clarify

most probs ur graphics card will be an agp card..n anyways the 815eep will have nearly 4-5 pci slots...so ur can fit in a audigy2

Sorry for being a little offtopic, bu I dont know how to open a new thread. After changing the northbridge cooler on my MSI K8N Neo3 the on board soundcard could not be detected any longer. I guess I damaged the mainboard, because it wouldn't run with new drivers or on a different OS either. I then got a cheap PCI soundcard (CMEDIA 8738) and installed it (And yes, I did deactivate the onboard sound in BIOS). Now I got sound but as soon as something on the monitor moves, like opening a new window for example, there is a deep static noise. The more frames the more noise. Watching movies or playing games creates only a loud static noise, while I can listen to MP3s without problems when I'm not doing anything else. Does anyone have an idea where this might come from and what I could do? Thanks!