Thread: Which brand in the market makes the most reliable hard drives

Which brand in the market makes the most reliable hard drives

There are many hard rive brands. Like Seagate, Hitachi, Samsung, etc. I am looking for the brand that is most trusted and offer the most reliable hard drive. I have some upgrade coming up in next year. And for that I will have to buy a huge amount of drives. This time we had planned to upgrade our servers also and for that the storage is the most important part. We are using Samsung right-now and we had also used SeaGate. We had faced drive crash issue in this year. And yet we had not tried any other brand. So I want to find the best one that can offer us a reliable output. I just want to get a drive that can work for years without any issue.

Re: Which brand in the market makes the most reliable hard drives

I think Seagate is not bad at all. They are quiet popular in hard drive brands and they are selling a lot of products around the globe. You can try using a SSD if you want. That will help you more in getting performance and good output both. As per a report Seagate sales is increasing ever year. They are making up some good model which are widely used. You must always checkout the different models before buying. There are specific series of products that are designed for different purpose. And other than this you must also keep a second level solution for backup. So that if something happens your data is not lost.

The reliability of a hard drive depends on the amount of product fails. And here I had found that Seagate is having a high fail rate today. Compare this Westerns Digital is considered to be more reliable. You can find a chart on the web on that. Seagate is on the top list when it comes to fail drive. They will give you the replacement but what about reliable usage. So here WD is making a clear part when it comes to reliable usage. SSD's are the best solution but they are costly. And it is right that you must keep multiple backup solutions. So that if one fails you wont loose your files and you must have places to recover it.

I would suggest seagate. Good brand and reliable.

I would suggest Seagate and Western Didital (WD) are the best in the market right now. Toshiba is also good.