Thread: Sound distortion on Creative Gaming headphone

Sound distortion on Creative Gaming headphone

The sound quality of Creative gaming headphone is not as good as per my expectation. There is a sound distortion on the same. I am quiet not able to figure what settings are causing this. I am planing a few fps game where I have to follow some voice commands. When the command is released there is a distortion in the voice that makes the command hard to understand. And it is quiet annoying. I had tried reconnected the headphone. But this is not a connectivity issue. Because I checked on both front and back side. This issue is something in the audio settings. I had seen in control panel inside audio properties where everything looks fine.

Re: Sound distortion on Creative Gaming headphone

You have to reset your audio settings. And you can do that by re-installing the audio device. It is very simple. But you have to keep your audio driver ready with you or else it wont well. You can find that on the official site of your motherboard manufacturer. Just go that and download the latest audio driver. Now go in Device Manager and there right click on the audio hardware. Chose uninstall and then reboot your pc. Now you have to run the setup of the audio driver you had downloaded and done. Once re-installed the default settings are restored and it will start working find. Just try this out first and post back what output you are getting.

Re: Sound distortion on Creative Gaming headphone

I had gone through this problem on Counter Strike. And I know the exact cause of this problem. It is due to audio enhancer. You might be having some third party audio booster in your pc. It is because of that. You have to remove that to fix the issue. Even re-installing audio driver would help but if the booster is still installed you will get the same kind of audio. You have to go in control panel > uninstall programs. Just go in that and checkout of audio booster applications and remove it. Reboot your pc and test back. Most of this audio booster have a icon in the system tray from where you can turn them off.