Thread: How to manually change hard drive of Macbook Pro

How to manually change hard drive of Macbook Pro

My friend has a old Macbook Pro. It is not working. The system turns on but there is some issue with the hard drive. I am planing to get this. He is selling it off at a very cheap price. But I want to know the process to change the hard drive. I had found the compatible drive on some online sites. I had seen the design, it does not look that this system is easy to open up. Is there some kind of kit available that can help me to do the same. I had tried finding out some videos also but it confused me more.

Re: How to manually change hard drive of Macbook Pro

You will have to buy a compatible kit that will give you tools to open the macbook. Without that it is not going to work. Macbook is not like regular hardware. It is different. It is slim and has very thin size drive. The first thing you have to do is find the compatible hard drive and then check whether it will work with your mac or not. You can find that through the specs. And then you can try opening it. Try checking out some videos. There are many of them that gives you detailed process of doing the same.

Re: How to manually change hard drive of Macbook Pro

If you had never done this then I wont recommend you to try. You can damage the hardware. It is good to take the same to your nearest apple care or any shop that offer you fix solution. Pay them some amount and get the drive replaced. It will be enough to resolve the issue. Macbook has a very thin back panel with tiny components that can get damage quiet easily if you do not open it properly. It is quiet essential that you must try only when you are aware about opening the same. Or else thing will be hard to fix.