Thread: Cpu case replacement for Mac desktop

Cpu case replacement for Mac desktop

What are the possible solutions available through which we can replace mac desktop case. I am not able to find any budget solution here. The case that I have is bit broken. It is because of a kid. Accidentally it felled. But luckily nothing happen to the system. It is working fine, but there is a crack on it and it looks very ugly. I want some option through which I can replace this and get a new one. I had contacted apple care they said it is not under warranty. The price that they suggested to me is way to high. I want something cheaper.

Re: Cpu case replacement for Mac desktop

It actually depend on the model of mac version you have. If you are having a very old one then there are chances that you might case in the market. Nobody sells that officially. You have to buy a old one. You can try to find some cases on ebay. But if nothing is available then you have to take the system to apple care or you have to use it without replacing the case. This are costly things. You must take care while using the same. Try to checkout in local computer hardware market. You might get a old case there.

I had seen a lot of site on web who are selling mac hardware. But none of them give you a mac case replacement. If you had got that damage then try to fix that through tape. And next time take care. It will be complicated to get a case and then transfer your entire hardware in that. It will be good if you can use it and later on when it is a bit old take that to a apple care center. Anyhow you are going to pay really high for the same. This will not be not cheaper. So stick with the official solution.

My friend has a faced a issue before due to mac laptop. He kept that in a luggage bag while traveling and when he removed it, it was dented from the corner. The system was working well but it looked really ugly. Being a thin design it gets dented really fast. It is not so easy to handle the same. I had called apple care for the same and they said they cannot do anything in that. We cannot even try to make it proper back again. Because I am quiet doubtful about the screen. It can get damage.

You must take care while using this kind of products. They are super costly and repairing them is also not cheaper. That is the reason many people prefer to go with custom build. They are cheaper to upgrade and repair. Also you cannot repair your apple system in any regular shop. Because there are more chances of facing damage. You have to take the same to apple care center where they are going to charge you heavily for minor upgrades also. This things are not covered under warranty.

If you are having a old desktop then it is possible to get the case. But there is very less chance to get the same if you are having a new model. It is good to use it just like that for the time being and replace that later on. It is good you are not having any other hardware issue. Just tie it up. You can contact a few computer hardware site on web that will give you more information about dealing with repairs. There are ample of them available. This online sites might have a old case left that you can try out.