Thread: Sansa Fuze mp3 player not turning at all

Sansa Fuze mp3 player not turning at all

I am having an old Sansa Fuze mp3 player with me and yesterday when I disconnected it from my TV then it freezed on a white screen. All the buttons are also not working and it cant be turned off. So, I kept it like that way only till all the battery got drained. But even after recharging, it is still stuck in the white screen. Does this means that my Sansa Fuze is completely dead and it is not going to work? Please help

Re: Sansa Fuze mp3 player not turning at all

Have you tried resetting your Sansa Fuze mp3 player? If you dont know how to do that then try to slide the spring loaded power switch in the uppermost position for 20-30 seconds. If this doesnt work then try to repeat the same procedure for more than 1 minutes and see if that helps. If still nothing, then try to plug the device in your computer and format it in Windows Explorer. This will delete all the files from the Sansa Fuze but it will bring back the device to work normally.

You can also try to hold the UP button longer, lets say, for 30 seconds to 1 minute and the Sansa Fuze will reset itself as well. Another method would to connect the device to the computer and then run a chkdsk on the mp3 player. To do that simply right click on the mp3 device and then go to Properties and click on Tools. At the top you can see a tab for an option that will check the drive for errors. Just click on Check Now and the process to eliminate the corrupt files will begin.

Incase the filesystem on the internal SD is damaged then you will notice that you are in a situation where the database refresh in the OF hands and you will not be able to boot in the OF and canot also connect through usb to solve the issue. If you are facing this kind of problem then you can try to bypas the OF database refresh by plugging your player through usb and disconnecting it just after the Sandisk logo shows on your screen. It will take you into the normal top menu in the OF and thus you will be able to format your player through the settings menu.