Thread: WD Black2 Dual Drive Installation Software has stopped working

WD Black2 Dual Drive Installation Software has stopped working

I have recently installed the new WD Black2 Dual Drive in my laptop without any issues. I was trying to do a fresh install of Windows 7 onto the SSD partition and there was no issues. So, I got myself a Partition Utility from the website with the USB key but after trying to install it, I started getting error "Checking Operation feasibility" and a pop up message stating that "WD Black2 Dual Drive Installation Software has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". I have tried this several times but end up getting the error message. Is there any solution for this? TIA

Re: WD Black2 Dual Drive Installation Software has stopped working

Can you tell us whether the hard drive partition show up on your desktop? If it is not showing then you can try to restart your laptop. Also, have you already installed the partition software in your laptop? If it is already installed then it will give you only 2 options such as Remove or Reinstall. You can try to remove the software and then reinstall it again. Or else you should try to copy the installation file on the PC and install it from there incase you are trying to install the software from the USB key.

Can you check whether the Sata driver installed in your laptop is the latest version? To see that open Control Panel and then go to Device Manager. After that, under Device Manager expand IDE ATA/ATPI controllers and right click on this controller and choose properties. Now click on the Driver tab and then choose Update driver. After that choose Search automatically. If you get prompts that your driver is up to date then you are already using best driver. Can you tell us which Sata controller you are using with the version number?

I think that you should try to use the Intel's Driver Update Utility from this link - http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu. It will detect which driver updates are relevant to your laptop, and then helps you install them quickly and easily if Windows is not able to detect any update or not. Or else you can go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management and then choose Disc Management. If you can see something like Unallocated space for a drive but if you cannot see other than C drive when we have to check something else. Can you try to post a pic of Drive Management.